NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 938

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #22

  1. #61
    Flashaholic* Lithium466's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    The Samsung LH351D is what would be the closest to what you're asking...but I'm afraid the tint won't be as good.

  2. #62
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Thanks I didnít realize that this was so comparable to what I would like to see. I did hear of a bin of these that are hard to source right now but donít have green in them.

  3. #63
    Flashaholic* wacbzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North of the South
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Does anybody have the actual lumen outputs of the 24 levels for the 300 lumen XP-L light? Iíve seen in these pages the actual numbers for the 325 and the 250, but Iíve seen nothing for the 300. The graph that has replaced the number chart in the advanced userís guides for these lights is not as exact.

  4. #64
    Flashaholic* emarkd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,189

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Thanks I didnít realize that this was so comparable to what I would like to see. I did hear of a bin of these that are hard to source right now but donít have green in them.
    Some of us are more sensitive to tint shifts than others of course, but all the Samsung LEDs go slightly greenish at low currents. Some bins are much better than others, that's true, but none of them are truly green-free when driven gently. Crank the output and they clean up nicely though. My daily HDS has had a "good bin" 351d in it for a while now and I find the benefits worth the slight green at low levels, but ymmv.

  5. #65
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    3,963

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    I would like to see something like the 4000k R9080 but with the broader hotspot and higher lumens of the 3900k.
    Agreed. That would be perfect. I'd settle for just the broader hot spot even without more luminosity. Hogo alluded to a new reflector solution after the special material lights have been shipped.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  6. #66
    Flashaholic glimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    The Samsung LH351D is what would be the closest to what you're asking...but I'm afraid the tint won't be as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Thanks I didnít realize that this was so comparable to what I would like to see. I did hear of a bin of these that are hard to source right now but donít have green in them.
    I have a light with this Samsung emitter. It's nice, and no green to my eyes! I know some (earlier?) examples have exhibited this, but I don't see it. I've compared it to a couple of 4000K Nichia 219B lights of mine, and the Nichias do win for color rendering, especially those difficult reds. A noticeable difference when compared side-by-side, but not a large one. It's a solid emitter with 90+ CRI.

  7. #67
    Flashaholic* lion504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Can the internals of an older rotary be upgraded to the new, mo' betta design?
    299,792,458
    My Lights

  8. #68
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Land of the rising sun
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    Can the internals of an older rotary be upgraded to the new, mo' betta design?
    No not by HDS Systems, only the Titanium Clicky can be upgraded, even then it is very expensive.

  9. #69
    Flashaholic* lion504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Sorry, I meant the internals of the tail (the rotary mechanism), not the head. Thanks.
    299,792,458
    My Lights

  10. #70
    Flashaholic* Lithium466's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    I guess the only way is to buy a new battery compartment...or wait for yours to break than return it for repair

  11. #71
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    I wonder if anyone may be able to oblige me with a picture of the LED and board, on an RA Twisty or Clicky, with the reflector removed?
    RCS has me thinking about putting a Nichia SW45 in an RA, and I'd like to have idea what I'd be up against.
    I haven't found any pictures in the threads, but then, I have a man's eyes.
    Thank you so much,
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

  12. #72
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22



    Itís best I can do with iPhone. 70 tr twisty
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  13. #73
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    That was quick! Thank you, looks like an easy one.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

  14. #74
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Needed a break from my 3 year old lol. Yes first time I took reflector out. Man there ainít much there at all. Looks pretty easy
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  15. #75
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Thanks so much TG. I just have to find one now, got the emitters.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

  16. #76
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    No problem my friend as you say it doesnít look like it would be that hard. Well for me it would be like trying to defuse a bomb with boxing gloves on.but thatís me 😀
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  17. #77
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,612

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Needed a break from my 3 year old lol.
    And before anyone chastises this man for this comment........ Amen and well said
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

  18. #78
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    The voice of experience.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

  19. #79
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Lol thanks guys ya only those who have young children can relate. 😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  20. #80
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Needed a break from my 3 year old lol.
    Why is that?!? Just because they have more energy than us and recharge with a 3 second nap or a jelly bean?!?

    I had to put a stop to reading the same book more than 12 times in a row.

  21. #81
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    It literally takes me days to watch a one hour show.and 15 minutes to post lol.
    Last edited by thermal guy; 03-17-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  22. #82
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    Why is that?!? Just because they have more energy than us and recharge with a 3 second nap or a jelly bean?!?

    I had to put a stop to reading the same book more than 12 times in a row.
    Mines stuck on 3 minute YouTube videos on fun with play-doh ! 3 minutes! And she canít use the remote so guess what I have to do every 3 minutes?!!!!!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  23. #83
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    You can make a playlist of favorites. It helps a bit.

  24. #84
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    You can make a playlist of favorites. It helps a bit.
    Omg! Yes didnít think of that. Thank you my friend
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  25. #85
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Look at that, parenting advice from the Pros, and they know about flashlights too.
    What's not to like?
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

  26. #86
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    3,963

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    What I've learned from this thread is that you should always activate the locator flash before the little one runs off with the HDS.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  27. #87
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Haha! True! I make sure my phone is on loud before I let the little one hold it- just in case.

  28. #88
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Locator flash is the one think I activate before my little one plays with our nighttime lightĒ a U60 ď. Canít tell you how many times that has saved my butt.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  29. #89
    Flashaholic* thermal guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Look at that, parenting advice from the Pros, and they know about flashlights too.
    What's not to like?
    P
    😂😂😂 very true my friend. Very true.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

  30. #90
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

    Henry and Hogo causing more trouble... OP reflectors shipped in the brass, Ti and bronze lights. Not available for anyone else as of yet. Donít bug them!!

    Im curious how this matches up to the old OP and current reflectors.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •