Sky Lumen        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

Default Re: Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Was there ever a prototype Clicky with the "reverse red" ? Always wanted that ....
    No. There was never a Clicky version.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    No. There was never a Clicky version.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I think it is necessary to return the design of the clip as on Novatac, or at least increase the nose.

Reasons 2:

1) The old version holds better on clothes because of the larger area of the contact pad. Area is ~2 times larger.

2) A big nose does not tear clothes. A little and low nose rips clothes.

Last edited by desert.snake; 06-05-2019 at 04:56 AM.

After a little chat the idea of the clip has come to mind for the rotary and I think I may have a doable solution without drilling holes into the body or tail cap and this is for bezel down carry but need to speak to HDS
    Donít Tread On Me

Velcro?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    After a little chat the idea of the clip has come to mind for the rotary and I think I may have a doable solution without drilling holes into the body or tail cap and this is for bezel down carry but need to speak to HDS
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Velcro?

... J-B Weld ? ...

Thatíll be for me to know and keep you guys in suspense but not Velcro. I didnít even think about Velcro cause itís too flexible, too much give, and just simply wouldnít work in this case.

And I might even surprise you arch

If I actually had the software to draw the picture thatís in my head I d share it and while I ve developed an alternative carry rig for various edc gear (and yes HDS and other lights in Henryís arsenal) thereís another thought that involves a machine shop, titanium or stainless, and the hardware to make it work.

Being prior Navy Air Dept I like to keep my gear secure and readily available!

Who knows it may not even work or may be impractical but itís definitely doable we just need to figure out how.
    Donít Tread On Me

Means I m thinking or wondering without showing everyone I m dumb! Whatís a 85TR?
    Now that I know what it is has anyone seen one of those twistys with the red led? I ve seen one finally.
    Donít Tread On Me

Now that I know what it is has anyone seen one of those twistys with the red led? I ve seen one finally.
    If you are referring to the Ra-85-Tr ... yeah, I've had a few of 'em

Yes thatís the one... I just saw one looks nice but I m spoiled now at 200 lumens and above
    Donít Tread On Me

I recently took the LED out of one..

It was interesting, but I decided that I'd never use it. I had a WASP with red secondaries and never used those either.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    I recently took the LED out of one....
    It was interesting, but I decided that I'd never use it. I had a WASP with red secondaries and never used those either.
    P
    Very cool project, but converting a rare vintage classic always leaves me a twinge wistful ...

I had more than a twinge I can tell you.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

I recently took the LED out of one..

P

OMG! That was a working 85-TR that you did the mod to?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I'll get my coat.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    OMG! That was a working 85-TR that you did the mod to?
    Well, he did try to find a broken one first, but those are rarer than the working ones.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Well, he did try to find a broken one first, but those are rarer than the working ones.
    An excellent point, actually.

No need to get your coat, imho. Look at Milky's creations, and currently Tana's modifications to irreplaceable Surefire parts. I'd say you're good... 👍😁
    Last edited by scout24; 07-07-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

I'll get my coat.
    P
    Lol oh I meant nothing by my comment. I know your were looking for a dead one at first. In fact I think I talked to you about one I had. Your mod btw turned out great.

Flashaholic*

Just an idea. The weekend I remembered the good old times when a bright flaschlight hat 200 Lumens.... Than I remembered the 4sevens "Special Editions" of the Nitecore D10 and EX10 with custom anodizing (different colors with different splash):

Maybe something is also possible. If I remember correctly Swissbianco made this stuff. Some different color would be cool. He is also in the US.

I know this color stuff with anodizing. But for instance I (or better my wife - I was only paying) have a pink Surefire Titan and Surefire Pen. Both have more than two years between the production of each piece, but the pink color matches 1:1 if you put the pieces together for a compare. Maybe it is an idea.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Just started thinking today about modding my forensic blue light and wondering what the 'best' hCRI warmer tint emitter might be. Got no use for the blue so I might as well replace it with something I can gift to one of my friends.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

It is doable but the blue is worth keeping unless you really donít like it that much. Do you have the uv 400 glasses with it or do you use it with orange glasses?
    Donít Tread On Me

The last few days I played with Novatac. I really liked the auto-shutdown option as it is presented here ~5 min and quick slide, except that there is only 5 minutes (too short). That version of auto-shutdown, which costs on HDS, now seems to me too long, more precisely the part that starts after 10 minutes. It would be cool to enter into the options menu in parallel with the existence of the current auto power off mode, a shorter one that looks like a Novatac. Something like the start of a decline after 10 minutes, like now, but dimmind process not 12 hours - 10 minuts. Then the user could choose from two the one he likes best and the battery charge will be saved longer, probably.

I think increasing Burst from 40 seconds to 60 or 90 seconds would be nice if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    The last few days I played with Novatac. I really liked the auto-shutdown option as it is presented here ~5 min and quick slide, except that there is only 5 minutes (too short). That version of auto-shutdown, which costs on HDS, now seems to me too long, more precisely the part that starts after 10 minutes. It would be cool to enter into the options menu in parallel with the existence of the current auto power off mode, a shorter one that looks like a Novatac. Something like the start of a decline after 10 minutes, like now, but dimmind process not 12 hours - 10 minuts. Then the user could choose from two the one he likes best and the battery charge will be saved longer, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    I think increasing Burst from 40 seconds to 60 or 90 seconds would be nice if possible.

I think it would be nice if the end user could configure both of these to how they wanted.
    Not saying it is going to happen, but I do think it would be a nice benefit for the end user. I just have to get Henry to do it (easier said than done.)
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Another thought, for those who do not like too slow increase in brightness, and at the same time do not need a strobe (if he buys tactical for a faster set of brightness), and who forgets which way to turn to get the maximum or minimum at that moment when the lantern is somewhere not in extreme positions - 2 additional options. Edges are either maximal or minimal, depending on the fact that a person uses more often. The gas regulator on the stove works in a similar way for me - first 0, then more, maximum, and lowered again, but not to 0. That is, a person, being in some kind of mental state, will know in advance that any extreme positions are maximum, or at minimum at another setting, if he needs to go somewhere in the dark and he has forgotten which way to turn the dial. Unlikely, of course, but let it be here. Maybe can add to the options menu, but I really have no idea if the memory in the existing driver will be enough to remember.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123