Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

Default Re: Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

Not to bad huh?😄
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    As a fellow flashaholic, I can identify with this at some very deep level. I can remember the way I felt when I scored my first SF Turbo Head back in the day. Some people have crack cocaine, but I had modular Surefire parts. With some mature (=old guy) reflection, I think a Malkoff Hound Dog is far better suited for this role than an HDS. And in every measurable category, right? More power, more throw, more spill, better balance, more capacity, etc.

The HDS is nearly perfect, but it is a small, pocket friendly personal flashlight. We shouldn't try to make it do too much. Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary, plus some other jazz.

Cheers
    What he said.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Ok ok consider it dropped wonít bring it up again. ďFor a whileĒ 😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I had an awesome offer, just super, this afternoon, but I just forgot it and can't remember...

remembered - when the existing supply of XP-G2 is over, you can try to use XP-G2 HE

although perhaps by this time XP-G4 will appear

And need to increase the brightness of the strobe, it is less bright than the maximum mode because of periods of darkness, it reduces the efficiency. If you increase the brightness of the light periods of the strobe to 250-300% of the maximum, it will be good. On the lantern of Paul Kim so done, it's really effective. When I showed my friend (he is a police officer) a strobe at the HDS, he found him rather annoying than disorienting.

upd

Having played a bit in Tactial, I imagined what it is to turn the full dial every time, itís more convenient for some people to have a shorter distance to change the brightness than to have a more precise level control. So it was, it would be cool to introduce into the add-on the ability to change 1 full circle to 2 semicircles at will. That is, the default will be as it is, but if you enter the setting, it can be done

Last edited by desert.snake; 03-18-2019 at 12:19 AM.

HDS collectors edition with platinum and gold inlays....
    Last edited by RCS1300; 03-20-2019 at 08:41 AM.

The Ti version just isn't expensive enough. How can we really value our lights if they cost less than a car?
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Maybe you guys can make a batch of diffusers like the surefire F0-4. They work with the ďeĒ series lights, other 1Ē and HDS lights.

As a side note, I put one on my long throw for indoor use and itís magical. Those who have both, try it!

Now I got a flashlight with a flush button, which is slightly swollen and now itís don't stand upright. And then I thought, I will definitely buy a high button and try it first, must be made like a disc between the rubber and the button inside, but the disc is outside, and it is made of rubber, he will stand well.

I will cut the top of the button and glue the round rubber on the superglue, then we will see what happened..

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    Now I got a flashlight with a flush button, which is slightly swollen and now itís don't stand upright. ...
    I will cut the top of the button and ...
    Before cutting anything, try holding the button down as you screw the battery compartment and head together. That helps one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tyu View Post
    Before cutting anything, try holding the button down as you screw the battery compartment and head together. That helps one of mine.

Thanks, depression should help!

And I also think we should try the water hose, definitely, like a rubber ring in the butt of Eagletac T25C2, so he stood upright

DS, If you can't be bothered to wait for a new boot to arrive, you can use a regular McClicky, if you follow my instructions.....
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rdpress-Button
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    DS, If you can't be bothered to wait for a new boot to arrive, you can use a regular McClicky, if you follow my instructions.....
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rdpress-Button
    P
    Nice, thank you!

When they are, I will definitely try

Hey how hard would it be to put a small led in the tailcap for a beacon? Obviously with a way to toggle it on and off for parasitic drain prevention. That way you can put it face down on the table and know right where she is.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Hey how hard would it be to put a small led in the tailcap for a beacon? Obviously with a way to toggle it on and off for parasitic drain prevention. That way you can put it face down on the table and know right where she is.
    Would be a major re-engineering of the tail and switch... how about tritium slots in the tail cap instead?
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Would be a major re-engineering of the tail and switch... how about tritium slots in the tail cap instead?
    That would actually work really well. How bout a secondary colored led in the head as well like a competing brand?
    But def tritium then think of the cash generated from people wanting to upgrade their old tails!
    Donít Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    How bout a secondary colored led in the head as well like a competing brand?
    I'd go for the amber version in a heartbeat! You may want to keep a watch for an 85Tr Twisty though, for a Ra/HDS that already has a secondary red emitter.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I'd go for the amber version in a heartbeat! You may want to keep a watch for an 85Tr Twisty though, for a Ra/HDS that already has a secondary red emitter.
    🤔
    Donít Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Yes, a few tritium slots in the tail cap would be great. Also, maybe install some type of pattern on the tail cap to prevent the light from rolling on a night stand. Maybe I can simply add one drop of JB Weld to the tail cap.

🤔
    I'm not sure what that means??
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I'm not sure what that means??
    Means I m thinking or wondering without showing everyone I m dumb! Whatís a 85TR?
    Donít Tread On Me

You're not dumb, Steve. I only found out about them through investigating Ra Lights for mods........
    It's one of the Ra Lights. Dunno if it's a Twisty or a Clicky.
    They used an Osram Emitter which had a tiny Red emitter on the side. I thinkl the red was for a status update signal or something, but Henry took advantage of it and used it as an optional red low.

P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Means I m thinking or wondering without showing everyone I m dumb! Whatís a 85TR?
    Here's picture of one found on *THE* Ra/HDS Collection Thread.

They had a tiny red LED that Henry managed to utilize as an ultra-low level long before we had sub-lumen lights even imagined and it was a mechanical three level light called the Twisty, which could be thought of as an interim light between the era or NovaTac and the Ra Clicky.

Last edited by kaichu dento; 05-24-2019 at 04:03 AM.

You're not dumb, Steve. I only found out about them through investigating Ra Lights for mods........
    It's one of the Ra Lights. Dunno if it's a Twisty or a Clicky.
    They used an Osram Emitter which had a tiny Red emitter on the side. I think the red was for a status update signal or something, but Henry took advantage of it and used it as an optional red low.
    There it is! The good old 85Tr Ra Twisty!

Is the T for Twisty and the R for red?
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

There it is! The good old 85Tr Ra Twisty!
    Is the T for Twisty and the R for red?
    P
    Yep, and 85 for lumens
    ... is the archimedes peak

thanks guys that would be really cool to make one of those these days
    Donít Tread On Me

It was a fluke with the LED. The reverse protection diode in the LED just happened to emit red light instead of infrared. Even the spec sheet didn't state this on the emitter from Osram. It was a member here who initially discovered this and then Henry incorporated that fluke into the Twisty in 2007.
    I play with dead things

Was there ever a prototype Clicky with the "reverse red" ? Always wanted that ....
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast