Pilas in Hyper Lux V?

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Any of the fellow flashaholics tried to use pilas in Hyper Lux V? Does it work at all? Dimmer light? Same ?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hi ZVI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use only Pila's 150S in my Hyperlux V /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Because 123A are too expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't measure with a Luxmeter, In my opinion just a little less light and run time, but not very significant.

You can read this thread, some info :

Hyperlux V

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Actually I just got email from Chris, he said the same, runtime might be a little bit less and light output too, but not visible by naked eye. I'l measure with light meter just because I am curions, but sounds like Pilas are the way to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I tried a pair of Pila 150S cells in my Hyper Lux V, and found the same thing that everyone else has.

Measures 1,160,000mcd with 3 CR123A disposables.
Measures 1,140,000mcd with 2 Pila 150S rechargeables.

So it IS a bit dimmer, but not that much so. Not anything you could readily detect with the eye, but it does show up on instruments.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
Craig> I am glad that you are finding many uses for these.

Thanks
Jon

[/ QUOTE ]
You're more than welcome Jon!!!
Thank you for allowing me to test the batteries and put a page about them on my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I gave them a 4 1/2 star rating. While this is a super rating, I had to knock 1/2 of a star off because the cells don't fit ALL flashlights.