• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jetbeam RRT01vn - The Best EDC R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry all 5 from batch is 2 also sold out. Batch 3 is likely 3-4 weeks away.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little fat for EDC and long for an 18350 battery (obviously the ramping ring takes up a good amount of the length.) The ramping performance and throw is nice though. The SS bezel is nice as well.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just so everyone knows the reflector of the W1 version will be tuned and then glued in place just like all of the other W1 and W2 reflector builds. This mean if the LED goes bad we are kinda screwed. Fortunately no issues yet :)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would you compare the smoothness/performance of the ramp compared to an Anduril based electronic switch light like the Emisars and Fireflies?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How would you compare the smoothness/performance of the ramp compared to an Anduril based electronic switch light like the Emisars and Fireflies?

Hard to compare mechanical to electronic press and hold. I sure as heck like to turn the ring back and forth until I get exactly what I want then to press and hold to ramp up and then press and hold to ramp down to catch the mode I want. But I am heavily mechanical bias. I prefer toggle switches over touch screen for example..

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The famous 219B SW45K tint R9080 is discontinued. It would be hard to find more. However, Nichia E21A in R9080 has very much the same on or below BBL tint to it, and is even slightly better at color rendering than the old 219B, not to mention more efficient. Its main draback is low forward voltage, making it hard to use for anything that's direct-driven, but I don't see as much of an issue with this host and battery.

Luminus SST20 3000k and 4000k 95CRI leds are also basically R9080 rated as well. Actually they're R9580, plus they're throw better to boot.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The famous 219B SW45K tint R9080 is discontinued. It would be hard to find more. However, Nichia E21A in R9080 has very much the same on or below BBL tint to it, and is even slightly better at color rendering than the old 219B, not to mention more efficient. Its main draback is low forward voltage, making it hard to use for anything that's direct-driven, but I don't see as much of an issue with this host and battery.

Luminus SST20 3000k and 4000k 95CRI leds are also basically R9080 rated as well. Actually they're R9580, plus they're throw better to boot.
Does it come in 4500? 4K is too yellow& 5 k usually too blue.
That's the way to bounce back! Atta boy. :thumbsup:

~ cG
LOL