NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jetbeam RRT01vn - The Best EDC R

Default Re: Jetbeam RRT01vn - The Best EDC R

Quote Originally Posted by Jay30 View Post
    The Keeppower 1200mAh 18350 flat top I tried doesn't work but the Vapcell 1100mAh 18350 flat top works fine. Don't think the positive protrudes enough on the Keeppower to make contact.
    I got 1200mah 18350 that would work ;-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    The bottom of the pill looks to have a cover plate with physical reverse polarity protection (raised plastic ring) just like the old RRT-01.

Most of my flat-top Aspire 18350s do work with the new RRT-01, but at least one does not.
    Thanks. I just took a small 1mm x 5mm magnet and put it on top of the cell -- that worked. The raised plastic ring seems to help keep the magnet from sliding around.
    LIGHT BRANDS IN ROTATION: FW3A, Zebralight, Jetbeam, Lumintop, RovyVon, Olight, Astrolux, Nitecore, NovaTac

Next batch here in about 4 days.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    NEW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTloh71xmnk&t=30s

• 50.2 5500K + Diffused Lens + Zircon Filter = Wonderful floody beam & tint 800L

This is my current EDC and one of my all time favorites! Highly Recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    This is my current EDC and one of my all time favorites! Highly Recommended!
    My wife actually carry this and her LCRx .327!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

My wife actually carry this and her LCRx .327!
    Nice! For a general EDC, this covers just about everything one could possibly need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Nice! For a general EDC, this covers just about everything one could possibly need.
    She hates spots so her lens is diffused. Man! I love throw and she prefer floods. She said there is nothing interesting far away to see. All the important thing is here in front of her. hahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

She hates spots so her lens is diffused. Man! I love throw and she prefer floods. She said there is nothing interesting far away to see. All the important thing is here in front of her. hahah
    I agree with her

Hi everyone. Long time fan and owner of VDogs lights and I have a question.

How much difference between this light with the W1 LED and one of the Pocket Searchlights? Think it is a D25.

Default Jetbeam RRT01vn - The Best EDC R

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy View Post
    Hi everyone. Long time fan and owner of VDogs lights and I have a question.

How much difference between this light with the W1 LED and one of the Pocket Searchlights? Think it is a D25.
    One of the biggest differences between the RRT01 and the D25c is the UI. The RRT01 is a rotary ring light that starts low and goes to the highest by rotating ring with incremental brightness changes. Whereas, the D25c is a reverse tail clicky with 3 brightness settings plus multiple strobe/flash modes.
    Last edited by Sos24; 04-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    One of the biggest differences between the RRT01 and the D25c is the UI. The RRT01 is a rotary ring light that starts low and goes to the highest by rotating ring with incremental brightness changes. Whereas, the D25c is a reverse tail clicky with 3 brightness settings plus multiple strobe/flash modes.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

My first good light was a stock V11R. Great light that is just missing the VMoney touch.

EDC lights and light with throw are my favorite but I was wondering and wasnít clear enough in my first post.

How much difference will I notice in the output between these two lights? The D25 is a good bit more powerful?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

My first good light was a stock V11R. Great light that is just missing the VMoney touch.

EDC lights and light with throw are my favorite but I was wondering and wasnít clear enough in my first post.

How much difference will I notice in the output between these two lights? The D25 is a good bit more powerful?
    D25Cvn has VN4, which has multiple banks of available UIs. Read here: https://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-...mable-circuits

the D25Cvn has higher output with White 1, about 200 lumens, and has about 8kcd more intensity. The difference here is noticeable, but I wouldn't say it's HUGE, especially given both of their sizes and purposes. One of the biggest differences, to me, besides UI, is the RRT can take 18350 cells, which are much better for an EDC IMO.

All of new arrived batch is also sold out. Anything you ordered after this message is on the next batch in 2 weeks. Thanks
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    One of the biggest differences, to me, besides UI, is the RRT can take 18350 cells, which are much better for an EDC IMO.
    Vapcell is now selling high drain 800 mAh 16340 cells.

As such the gap between 16340 and 1100 mAh 18350 is not as big as it used to be.

But will those cells actually take in and put out 800mah?

1200mAh 18350 is hte way to go! Actually I need to test one to see if they are really 1200mah. Sounds kinds steep!!!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I recall the first 18350 cells out with the new chemistry were Aspire brand. Initially, they were marked as having 1200 mAh. But after independent testing showed they only produced 1100 mAh, the manufacturer changed the label on the battery to 1100.

I suspect the currently available 1200 mAh 18350s from other manufacturers have the same internal chemistry and are probably closer to 1100 mAh, and I would be interested in seeing your test result.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    I recall the first 18350 cells out with the new chemistry were Aspire brand. Initially, they were marked as having 1200 mAh. But after independent testing showed they only produced 1100 mAh, the manufacturer changed the label on the battery to 1100.

I suspect the currently available 1200 mAh 18350s from other manufacturers have the same internal chemistry and are probably closer to 1100 mAh, and I would be interested in seeing your test result.
    1100 would be impressive already
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Keeppower lists them with a typical capacity of 1150 mah and a minimum capacity of 1100 mah. So it would stand to reason the best cells in the bunch will have capacities of 1200 mah if the typical (average) is 1150 mah.

Enlightened

Thanks for posting the beam shots!

I still have the first gen JetBeam RRT-0 with the magnetic control ring function... Although the lumen output is only about 250 lumens and only fits an RCR123 / 16340, the ring function and overall size is still perfect. My original still sits on my kitchen countertop as a general purpose, very reachable light.

I'm in for one, order placed. I'm looking forward to having an upgraded version. Thanks Vinh for offering these!
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS60GT, Zebralight 600W MKIV., EDC rotation: Nitecore TIP, Lumintop Geek, MecArmy PT16, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Quote Originally Posted by LogansRun View Post
    Thanks for posting the beam shots!

I still have the first gen JetBeam RRT-0 with the magnetic control ring function... Although the lumen output is only about 250 lumens and only fits an RCR123 / 16340, the ring function and overall size is still perfect. My original still sits on my kitchen countertop as a general purpose, very reachable light.

I'm in for one, order placed. I'm looking forward to having an upgraded version. Thanks Vinh for offering these!
    If you mean me, glad they were helpful

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    If you mean me, glad they were helpful
    Yep. Thanks @Tejasandre!
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS60GT, Zebralight 600W MKIV., EDC rotation: Nitecore TIP, Lumintop Geek, MecArmy PT16, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Flashaholic*

I wonder if the carclo optics in the triple version is user swappable?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    I wonder if the carclo optics in the triple version is user swappable? Yes

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Also is the stock version compatible with 18350, or 16340 only? What does exactly mean the statement on skylumen that the light works off an AA?

And finally, how deep the mcpcb can sit in the mule configuration. I would like to limit the mule beam width to, say, 90deg, is it reasonable?

Vinh, how hard it would be to rework the bottom of the body, edge shoulder where negative spring is placed?
    If that shoulder is removed and spring placed lower then 18350 protected can be used for more juice and not overdischarging the cell....

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    Also is the stock version compatible with 18350, or 16340 only? Use 18350. Forget 16340 ;-)

What does exactly mean the statement on skylumen that the light works off an AA? I copy and paste factory specs. Not sure why that part is in there. AA will not work.

And finally, how deep the mcpcb can sit in the mule configuration. Currently LED sit on 3 layer of copper MCPCB. We can eliminate 2 later so the LED would fit down lower for a more narrow spill beam width.

I would like to limit the mule beam width to, say, 90deg, is it reasonable?

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Howdy, I'd sure like to get one of these, if possible with the 219B 4500, or something similar (hi CRI with slightly warm tint, not green or blue). What is the next step to order?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Howdy, I'd sure like to get one of these, if possible with the 219B 4500, or something similar (hi CRI with slightly warm tint, not green or blue). What is the next step to order?
    Here is the order site
    https://skylumen.com/collections/v54...the-best-edc-r

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast