HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Default Re: Actual HDS Updates... NOT from Shorty

UV's are all gone.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I play with dead things

With the BeCu pre-sale happening today, we are NOT going to put the 3 new emitters we are testing as options... yet. Once they have been tested, then we will put that data out and send an email to everyone who orders a BeCu and they will have the option to change their emitter choice at that time.
    Without having thoroughly tested these new emitters, we would rather have real data for them before offering them. If they do pass muster, again, you will be able to switch to one of them at a later time for your BeCu.
    I play with dead things

Rotary and Tactical are getting an upgrade. We are moving from 6061 aluminum on the switch cap to 303 stainless steel like the bezel. Obviously the one in the picture is silver which will only be available for a limited time on new lights. They will then be military black nitride finish the same as the 303 stainless bezels in current production. Aluminum switch caps on the Rotary and Tactical will soon be no longe available (still just a few left).
    Currently on the custom page, one can choose Stainless silver or black for the Rotary/Tactical tail, and black in aluminum if one so desires.
    The decision to move to a stainless tail was simply to add some more robustness to the Rotary lights... and took some begging and pleading with Henry to make this happen. It did increase the cost $10 but adds even more bombproofness (if that is a word) to the light.
    There will be a delay with the military black nitride by about 4 to 6 weeks, but the limited silver is ready to go... later this week.
    I play with dead things

6 of the SS40 emitters are left for sale in standard aluminum lights.
    If you have been on the fence or want a spare, you don't have much more time to think about it.
    I play with dead things

For those that keep track of such things, the 300 lumen heads are marked with a yellow ring on top of a red ring on the positive contact.

I play with dead things

Very limited number of titanium bezels are up for sale on the HDS website. There are lightly polished and have regular serial numbers on them. 40 total will be available. For current production lights (ACME threads). They are $91. Just a heads up.

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Limited/

I play with dead things

Today is the last day to get an HDSRB.
    If you are even remotely on the fence... even if you are not... get one. They are THAT good.
    https://swag.photonphreaks.com/colle...VykkprE6qWwlHM
    I play with dead things

The remaining BeCu will go on sale on Monday April 12 at noon Tucson time. There will be several of the limited edition emitters to go with these. I don't expect them to sell out in the first 5 minutes... but I have been wrong before.

Of all the special metal lights, my personal opinion is that these have turned out the best.

For the stainless steel, we hope to be shipping the pre-orders on Monday April 5th if everything goes well.
    I play with dead things

The custom page is being updated with soon to be available emitters... and when I say soon, I mean HDS soon... shorter than a Henry 2 weeks, but longer than what most people think of "soon" as. My hope is 1 month... which is soon if you are an elephant going to give birth with a 22 month gestation period. It is all relative.

These will be available to pick for the BeCu run-off sale, and also in the stainless run-off sale, after we get those stainless out the door, which has a very high probability of being in a week from today. A Hogo week, not a Henry week.

Amber will be added to that list later today and there is also a new emitter being offered: For those who like a lower temp, higher output, and broader beam pattern, there will be the SDV30

This (LIMITED) LED produces a calibrated 250 lumens. The beam pattern is somewhat wider than our normal beam patterns due to the larger emission area of this LED. The late-afternoon sunshine white output is around 3000°K. This LED has a high color rendering index (CRI) of 90, which allows it to render colors much more accurately than conventional white LEDs. Emitter: Samsung, LH351D, G, VP, P6.
    I play with dead things

BeCu Run-off sale is today at noon Tucson time. If you missed out on the pre-sale, or just want another.

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/...ton=F&clip=Cno
    I play with dead things

Run off sale of stainless steel with be noon Tucson time on April 26.
    I kind of expect this to be about a 2 minute sale as there are only 11... so if you want one, practice your keystrokes.
    I play with dead things

Repairing an HDS after it has been fried from an attempted emitter swap or led board swap just got more expensive. We are no longer going to save your head but will replace it salvaging the original led board and installing that.
    The FAQ has been changed to illustrate this.

I play with dead things

Heads up. While there still will most likely be some BeCu left after the event, the limited emitters are going to be opened up for sale in standard lights on May 17. Good news for those who want one in a standard light. If you are on the fence about a BeCu, the longer you wait, the more likelihood the emitter you want... will be gone. I kind of expect a feeding frenzy on May 17.

I play with dead things

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12