2xAA P60?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So one of my favorite lights in my Surefire C3 with a M31W. Which got me thinking... and don't ask why... Are there any P60 incan bulbs that would run off 2xAA? Obviously output would be terrible and runtime wouldn't be any better but still... I wonder!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure, but there might be some 3V aftermarket P60 lamp assemblies out there on the chinese commerce sites.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Not sure, but there might be some 3V aftermarket P60 lamp assemblies out there on the chinese commerce sites.
IIRC, LumensFactory did a small "semi-custom" run of these upon request of CPF, a while back.

Might still have some, or be willing to make more :shrug:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Are you guys seriously telling me I can go buy a Rayovac indestructible 2 AA flashlight, and the malkoff dropins will actually just drop right in and work?
That would actually make an excellent host that was inexpensive and insanely rugged.
Does anyone here know if the same could be done with the 3AAA indestructible? Those would make an awesome glovebox/toolbox/emergency light.

I can't think of an incandescent P60 that runs 2 AAs...
Lumens Factory makes a bulb for the E series that is rated for 2.4 volts. It puts out 40 lumens. I realize that's not what you asked for, but it's the closest thing I can think of off the top of my head...

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not only are we saying it....

IMG-20190311-125033.jpg

Here's pix.

Left is a stock version with an M31L, middle is a Indestructable with a metal SolarForce head and M31W. Right is a half body of a SolarForce L2M with the Rayovac Indestructable LED module. It needed the red o'ring to make it work.