• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I've reprogrammed my boss a couple of times now. At first it worked, but now the bounce setting seems to be overly sensitive. I've played around with it on all settings. Sometimes when I turn the light on it goes directly to the secondary LED/bounce setting. Other times it's just fine. Overall it works about 50% of the time before activating the bounce. I have turbo set as the first mode upon turning on immediately.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,
Daniel

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BOSS bounce gone bad

I have it set in the middle, havent tried it on the lowest setting. It worked just fine for awhile, now hit or miss

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me middle is always too sensitive. I'm always around 75-85 for almost all situations.

edit: I just realized what I said and middle shouldn't give you this much trouble. Not sure why it's acting up for you.

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats the more sensitive end of the scale right?

For me middle is always too sensitive. I'm always around 75-85 for almost all situations.

edit: I just realized what I said and middle shouldn't give you this much trouble. Not sure why it's acting up for you.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's correct. There must be something that's reflecting more light into the sensor to make it trip at that level. That's my thinking at least. Have you ever taken apart the head? If you have, maybe some dust has been introduced into the head?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't. Though the previous owner might have. Don't think so though. I'm goona try a few more settings before I get ahold of Oveready.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's correct. There must be something that's reflecting more light into the sensor to make it trip at that level. That's my thinking at least. Have you ever taken apart the head? If you have, maybe some dust has been introduced into the head?
+1. A bulb/rocket blower might help.

ven

Flashaholic

Those rubber-type manual blowers used in cameras/lenses, Sir. Try google search keyword: Giottos Rocket Blower.

[emoji106]
Along lines of
kFNUBEyl.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may be telling you something you already know, but with my Wasp if i set the bounce to work on a lower setting it was too sensitive for the higher ones. If I got it right for the higher one it wasn't sensitive enough for the lower.
It went though a phase of being too sensitive to be of any use, so i turned it off. A few months later I turned it on again and it was useable, What that was about I really don't know.
P

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey all,

I've only heard back once from overready with no solutions yet. I'm still patiently, as best I can, waiting for a follow-up response from him. There is something definitely wrong with my bounce setting. I have it set at the lowest possible setting for sensitivity and it is still activating unpredictably. It is quite frustrating at this point time and to the point where I'm ready to send it over ready for replacement.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I know how it is supposed to perform and it definitely isn't working correctly. Shame for such a light that I've had such high expectations from as well.

Thanks

archimedes

Flashaholic

I think the total sensitivity setting range is ~ 100, if I remember correctly, but I only find a practical usable range of about maybe ~ 5 - 8 (at most) out of that.

Not sure if that is how it is supposed to work or not, but I don't really use bounce on my 371D engines :shrug:

I find it very very "twitchy"

Last edited:

5001craig

Newly Enlightened

I had some trouble getting my bounce dialed-in. I believe mine is set at 78 but I remember a couple points lower and it would not work. Take it up a couple points or so at a time and see where it starts working. Mine works every time but only on the highest setting with both one cell and two cells.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the input all. I have it at the lowest sensitivity possible which is 50. With one sale it would still activate randomly about half the time. When I put two cells in it every time I turn it on which was the turbo setting as the first mode, it would immediately activated. So the only solution I've come up with so far is to completely turn it off which I would actually like to be able to use if that's what it is intended to do.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ummmm.....

Did oveready close up shop? Still no follow up from them! Getting a bit aggravated. I thought customer service was stellar with this company!