NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

Default BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

Hey all,

Iíve reprogrammed my boss a couple of times now. At first it worked, but now the bounce setting seems to be overly sensitive. Iíve played around with it on all settings. Sometimes when I turn the light on it goes directly to the secondary LED/bounce setting. Other times itís just fine. Overall it works about 50% of the time before activating the bounce. I have turbo set as the first mode upon turning on immediately.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Last edited by djans1397; 03-15-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Default Re: BOSS bounce gone bad

Could the lens be dirty ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

I considered that as well, but no. I even wondered is it was bounce back from the white walls, but it happens no matter where I aim it.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Could the lens be dirty ?
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by djans1397 View Post
    I considered that as well, but no. I even wondered is it was bounce back from the white walls, but it happens no matter where I aim it.
    what level did you set the bounce sensitivity at?
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

I have it set in the middle, havent tried it on the lowest setting. It worked just fine for awhile, now hit or miss

In my experience, the bounce setting is extremely finicky

For me middle is always too sensitive. Iím always around 75-85 for almost all situations.

edit: I just realized what I said and middle shouldnít give you this much trouble. Not sure why itís acting up for you.
    Last edited by badtziscool; 03-09-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?

Thats the more sensitive end of the scale right?

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    For me middle is always too sensitive. Iím always around 75-85 for almost all situations.

edit: I just realized what I said and middle shouldnít give you this much trouble. Not sure why itís acting up for you.

Thatís correct. There must be something thatís reflecting more light into the sensor to make it trip at that level. Thatís my thinking at least. Have you ever taken apart the head? If you have, maybe some dust has been introduced into the head?

I havenít. Though the previous owner might have. Donít think so though. Iím goona try a few more settings before I get ahold of Oveready.

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    Thatís correct. There must be something thatís reflecting more light into the sensor to make it trip at that level. Thatís my thinking at least. Have you ever taken apart the head? If you have, maybe some dust has been introduced into the head?
    +1. A bulb/rocket blower might help.

What???

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    +1. A bulb/rocket blower might help.

Quote Originally Posted by djans1397 View Post
    What???
    Those rubber-type manual blowers used in cameras/lenses, Sir. Try google search keyword: Giottos Rocket Blower.

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Those rubber-type manual blowers used in cameras/lenses, Sir. Try google search keyword: Giottos Rocket Blower.

Along lines of

I may be telling you something you already know, but with my Wasp if i set the bounce to work on a lower setting it was too sensitive for the higher ones. If I got it right for the higher one it wasn't sensitive enough for the lower.
    It went though a phase of being too sensitive to be of any use, so i turned it off. A few months later I turned it on again and it was useable, What that was about I really don't know.
    P
    I'm looking for an MD4 tube. Please PM if you have a spare. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ithout-Tailcap

Hey all,

Iíve only heard back once from overready with no solutions yet. Iím still patiently, as best I can, waiting for a follow-up response from him. There is something definitely wrong with my bounce setting. I have it set at the lowest possible setting for sensitivity and it is still activating unpredictably. It is quite frustrating at this point time and to the point where Iím ready to send it over ready for replacement.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I know how it is supposed to perform and it definitely isnít working correctly. Shame for such a light that Iíve had such high expectations from as well.

Thanks

I think the total sensitivity setting range is ~ 100, if I remember correctly, but I only find a practical usable range of about maybe ~ 5 - 8 (at most) out of that.

Not sure if that is how it is supposed to work or not, but I don't really use bounce on my 371D engines

I find it very very "twitchy"
    Last edited by archimedes; 03-13-2019 at 09:13 PM.

I had some trouble getting my bounce dialed-in. I believe mine is set at 78 but I remember a couple points lower and it would not work. Take it up a couple points or so at a time and see where it starts working. Mine works every time but only on the highest setting with both one cell and two cells.
    Malkoff Wildcat in V4 HD XM-L, V5 & HD Super (all using MD4 body), MD2 M61NL, MD3 M61W, MDC 1CR123, OVEREADY Boss 70 Copperite V5 (EDC light), Veleno Designs Quantum D2 and Prometheus Alpha

Thanks for the input all. I have it at the lowest sensitivity possible which is 50. With one sale it would still activate randomly about half the time. When I put two cells in it every time I turn it on which was the turbo setting as the first mode, it would immediately activated. So the only solution Iíve come up with so far is to completely turn it off which I would actually like to be able to use if thatís what it is intended to do.

Ummmm.....

Did oveready close up shop? Still no follow up from them! Getting a bit aggravated. I thought customer service was stellar with this company!

My bounce only works well on 1 level which when I played with it was about 70-80 on afterburner. I doubt youíll ever get it to work on all levels and of course itís going to trigger instantly at 50 on the higher levels. My thought is itís only useful on the higher levels to keep it from melting holes in your pockets.

Default Re: BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

They are an extremely small operation, and it can take a while for them to respond at times.

Default Re: BOSS bounce gone bad - still no word from Oveready!

Ok. Good to know at least. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockjunkie15 View Post
    My bounce only works well on 1 level which when I played with it was about 70-80 on afterburner. I doubt youíll ever get it to work on all levels and of course itís going to trigger instantly at 50 on the higher levels. My thought is itís only useful on the higher levels to keep it from melting holes in your pockets.
    So maybe Iím not understanding it correctly, but I would think 50 would be a less sensitive setting and 80 to 90 or whatever the upper numbers are would be more sensitive. I only need it for turbo so it doesnít melt a hole in my pocket etc. Do I have this correctly?

I was thinking incorrect on the sensitivity numbers, for whatever reason I thought that 50 was more sensitive than 80???? Hopefully you get an answer from overready soon because something seems off with your light. Good luck and sorry for the confusion.

One thing that happened to me that drove me nuts when I was programming the light was that sometimes when I made a change to the settings and then go to programming, the ďcodeĒ generated was actually still the previous settings. I had to logout of the site and close out of my web browser to completely start over. After doing that I logged back in, changed the settings , programmed and it finally worked. Maybe give that a try? And also maybe load up the default factory settings to make sure youíre starting fresh.

On the Lux RC site the Bounce Setting says High Sens by the 90's, Normal Sens by the 80's and Low Sens by the 50's.
    P
    I'm looking for an MD4 tube. Please PM if you have a spare. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ithout-Tailcap