Replacment lens for my old TK61

kjmccarx

Newly Enlightened
I got a Fenix TK61 five years ago during my freshman year of college. I went to school in Arizona and it got a huge amount of use throughout countless adventures in the Southwestern USA. Long story short, I am stationed in Mississippi now and don't go on any crazy adventures here like I did there. The flashlight's mostly sat in my garage for the last 6 months since I moved here. When I got it out I realized that the lens was shattered. It had been dropped and thrown countless times in the desert and somehow never broke the lens. But it broke while just sitting in my garage here in Mississippi. I looked for replacement lenses, but couldn't find them anywhere. The stock lens was 2.5mm thick. I found a piece of 2.4mm thick lexan brand polycarb at lowes for like $6. It took about an hour using some calipers, a dremel, and a bench grinder to cut a piece of polycarb into shape and it is a perfect replacement. I used a strap wrench and some rocksette to put the bezel back on.

The reflector, however did have lots of glass dust that I couldn't blow off of it, so I needed to clean it with some sunglass lens cleaner (I didn't want to use alcohol on the plastic), and a microfiber cloth. It came pretty clean but did get some very fine scratches. And I know the polycarb is going to be scratched like a mofo in no time, so maybe it'll just be a temporary replacement while I find some glass to use. There are some nice circular glass cutting kits that looks like they'd be perfect for making new lenses with, if I can find a decent sheet of 2.5mm thick glass that will be strong enough for this light.

Anyway, this was a pretty fun, easy, and super cheap project that got my TK61 back up and running. It's far from perfect, but it's still very functional. Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's the broken lens. Almost tossed the light right then.
AU47bPR.jpg

Custom fit piece of polycarb
Taz97wh.jpg

All reassembled
ktoIlpc.jpg

Here's some pictures from back when the light was brand new.
YcsFK3y.jpg

tktG1rf.jpg

Here's some pictures of the overall condition nowdays. Not too bad for 5+ years.
PtAyZWQ.jpg

Xx1oO6z.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Chris at Flashlight Lens dot com will custom cut you one for (iirc) 15¢/mm plus shipping. He may have some in that size already.

Pop him an email and tell him your situation and I'm sure he'll be able to hook you up with a nice lens. If not glass a nice hard coated poly one.