Zebralight H604 disk magnet for tailcap?

zarko550

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Can anyone with previous experience of sticking a disk magnet to the tailcap of ZL H604 please tell me which dimensions the magnet should be. And if you have any instructions on how to glue it on that would be great.

Thanks

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Another option is to glue to a pocket-clip. I prefer this method as it doesn't put glue on the light, and you get 1 axes of rotation instead of 1, which is a lot more versatile.

ml8SFeW.png

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a few from home depot but they cracked or splintered easily. i'd like to know what i should be looking for also

zarko550

Newly Enlightened
You want to attach the magnet to the outside of the tailcap?

Yes I would like to glue it outside of the tailcap but I'm open to the option to having a pocket clip with magnets. So if you can elaborate more on what dimensions the magnet should be and what to glue it with that would be great.

zarko550

Newly Enlightened
Another option is to glue to a pocket-clip. I prefer this method as it doesn't put glue on the light, and you get 1 axes of rotation instead of 1, which is a lot more versatile.

So what kind of pocket clip is that? The original that they have on the official zebralight website or is it something else. Also what kind of magnets did you use. And you are right that this way you can position the flashlight at more angles.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Copied from the ZL Mods thread:

I use the ArmyTek Wizard Pro Pocket Clip and headband mount. The clip 'clamps' need to be grinded down with a bench grinder and bent wider with pliers. It's ridiculously tight, to the point where I can only take the clip off by using another pocket clip to pull it off.

As for the headband mount, it fits very snugly and works perfectly without the pocket clip on, but actually still holds, albeit not perfectly in the grooves, if the clip is still attached. I added the elastic band around for extra security, but I doubt it would actually pop out unless I hit my head on something..

Also note that I added five 10x5x2 N50 magnets on the pocket clip and put some shrink tube around it.

zarko550

Newly Enlightened
Hi all - just a follow up.
I've ended up gluing a magnet on the tailcap of the ZL for extra protection of the magnet from cracks.

If anyone is interested this is what I got:
- N52 disk magnet from KJ magnets with dimensions 3/4" dia. x 1/8".
- Silicone mold made from familymolds with dimensions 24mm dia. x 6mm.
- Epoxy resin and a gray pigment so the epoxy would be similar color with the body of the zebralight.
- Epoxy glue - JB weld
- Sand paper
- A lot of patience

So first I placed the magnet in the silicone mold and poured the epoxy resin. After the epoxy hardened I sanded down the edges of the mold. Then I used the JB weld to weld the now epoxy with embedded magnet onto the ZL's tailcap.
After it was all done I sanded down the excess epoxy glue and voila.

Here are some screenshots of the process: https://imgur.com/gallery/bqODZcq