Looking for a good reliable LED flashlight !

AlexOD86

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys ...
I have a Streamlight Ultrastinger with traditional bulb.. battery life not so much ....i have owned this for 8 years never have a problem...
Now its 2019 i decide to look for NEW modern flashlight LED...
I know brands like Olight Jetbeam and Streamlight , maglite
I always considering Streamlight one of the best ....
i am looking for Flashlight that have a beam at least 400 meters ... for me flashlight its when it has good beam distance and battery life...
I have on mind Stremlight Ultrastinger LED ....? Is the Streamlight good ? Any other Flashlights that has better battery life and outstanding reliability ?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Ulktra Stinger served you well, the LED Ultra Stinger should be a nice upgrade. The Maglite ML150 is another real good option for a rechargeable light around the same size.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight Warrior X would fit the bill too, but honestly, what can you see at 400 meters besides the terrain? A car possibly. Mostly I'm just curious.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's 2019, but streamlight is still using nimh cells. wow, but other than that, it seems like it fits your needs. i had an ultrasinger long time ago, just like you, i really did not like battery life. but it was pretty good light otherwise.

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
I started w maglight many years ago. Have streamlights for for work (stingers lightboxs, polytac, and others). Been carrying surefires for maybe 10 years now. I always try and buy quality and have no patience for cheap, junk lights.
I just received 2 Malkoff's in the mail. Super Hound Dog and a M61 Hot MD2. I wanted to get into the 18650 cells.
So far I am in love with these lights. I had the MD2 maybe 3 hours and dropped it onto a cement floor from 4'. Picked it up and of course it turned on. Not even a mark If you want something reliable, look to the surefires and Malkoff type lights.
I should add I went with the Malkoff's also because I really like Dual Fuel lights. I love the ability to throw 123 primary's in if I need to.
My .02

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, since you are used to the UltraStinger, you're going to do well with the UltraStinger LED version.