Sick of ImageStation...what else?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm tired of dealing with ImageStation only displaying images when it feels like it.

So, what free image hosting services do you guys use?
I've come across a couple cool ones in the past but now that I need one, I can't remember who or where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks!

ImageStation Test - Can you see the album alright or does it give an error?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
chiaroscuro -- I'll check them out.

One that I remember seemed to have a black background with a lot of greys/silver colors and was used quite a bit by amateur/pro am photographers...can't remember anything else about it though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Check with your ISP.......mine gives me 10 megs of ftp space at no extra cost.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy, thanks for the tip but I want one independant of my ISP. I want to always have it available regardless of my ISP...

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not pay so you know it will be reliable? I pay about $100/year for my own web site/e-mail/domain name. This way I know the service will be up, won't have ads, will always be my name no matter what provider hosts it.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Eugene said:
Why not pay so you know it will be reliable? I pay about $100/year for my own web site/e-mail/domain name. This way I know the service will be up, won't have ads, will always be my name no matter what provider hosts it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm headed in that direction (got my domain purchased) but am just not there yet. So, in the mean time, I'm looking for a good (& cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) image hosting setup.

Just out of curiosity, what web host do you use?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check my signature. Images are hosted on my website, which has near perfect uptime as far as I know. I have devised a few methods of uploading and posting.

//Dan

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is www.hostportal.com. I used to work with the guy that runs it so I know its a legit company. I get 50 e-mail accounts, unlimited alias, antivirus and antispam, web based access to e-mail as well as the standard pop/smtp and the web space and ftp access to it. I think there are database and sripting features built into the web page but I haven't even set mine up yet.

Edit: Removed period after ".com" so that link would work - Empath

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
logicnerd411...I'd like to know if I can use your hosting for other picts besides CPF related stuff...

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terms, Conditions, Rules, whatever you want to call them:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By accessing the Gallery system at http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/ you agree to the following:

1: Please use the Gallery system for hosting pictures used on CPF only. If you need some space for hosting pictures or files for personal purposes, don't hesitate to contact me, and I will set up a nice webspace for you.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use fototime.com. They are the best that I have tried so far. Not free, but I think that it is only $30 a year. They support linking to other websites (here, ebay, etc), and the website will auto generate html links to different size images of the pictures. I have been using it for about 5 months now and have been very please.