The day we all wish will come...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It finally happened.
The day all those with the addiction secretly hope for.
That day when the tens of thousands of hours and dollars spent will pay off.
This day... is here.

POWER IS OUT!!! Whoooooohoooooo!

Looks like the entire small little city I live in forgot to pay the electric bill as power is out in several square miles. Oh happy day!!!

I'm going to make some tea and watch the Walking Dead... because I still can. Maybe smoke a pipe and oil up some firearms... you know... just in case.

img-0079.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! so what flashlights are you using? Which ones do you find to be most useful?

Using my High Noon with flood reflector in a headband I made and have an old Sylvania lamp that uses 4 AA set on low hanging from the ceiling fan...

I've got to Henry in gear to hurry up on an HDS headlamp.

img-3545.jpg

Longman is stuck on the bottom of a carbine.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please do!

This actually works amazing well. I've mostly used it for hunting creepy crawly fanged holsters but is quite comfortable with the wide suede band. With a flood reflector, it makes a great headlamp. I need to make one that holds an HDS on either side... one with flood reflector and one without. Easy to adjust the Rotary on this for just the right amount of light.

img-1956.jpg

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great! I recall that you made a dual HDS collar for Geronimo.

This is one of the scenarios where the Rotary really "shines", changing the levels on the fly to each side to make for the perfect combination.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Please do!

Please do not!
Especially if it is anything like what we saw at Shot a few years ago. :eek:

IMHO a Petzl or a Black Diamond will serve 99% of all hands-free lighting needs, or of course a HDS in a headband (Nite Ize?).

A HDS keychain light needs to be a much higher priority. If Henry still thinks there isn't demand for this, he should look at the Amazon reviews of the Surefire Titan Plus and the cost people are willing to pay. Sorry to mention that company, I know your distaste :sick2: for them Hogo. lol

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
A HDS keychain light needs to be a much higher priority. If Henry still thinks there isn't demand for this, he should look at the Amazon reviews of the Surefire Titan Plus and the cost people are willing to pay. lol

LOL! For the price of a SF Titan Plus you can get one HDS keychain attachment point. Flashlight sold separately.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long did the blackout last? Any thoughts on it- what worked and what didn't?

Lasted until about 0430. I used a JetBoil to make tea... could have used a Kelly Kettle outside but I didn't figure it would last long. I keep some small AGM batteries around (7amp/hrs and 14amp/hrs) to keep the computer running but didn't need them. Still had cell service so just ran that as a hot spot for the computer.

The little Sylvania lamps are pretty nice though just about anything that will do a ceiling bounce will work.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a nice fun blackout!

I'm going to order some of the 4K tinted 9v Pak-lites just because I have the extra batteries from the smoke and CO detectors sitting around.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Woot, end times! I mean... a power outage! :party:

Think you picked the right show to watch during it, too! :devil: