Recommend me a very specific light for work (firefighter) edc

2_stroke

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, this is my first post so please don't rip me a new one just yet. I am in search of a very specific set of features in a flashlight. I am currently using a nitecore p10 but I am in search of something newer. My specifications are as follows:
Runs on 18650/2xcr123
High mode of 800 or higher
Instant access to high and/or strobe
Ultra low (1lm or so)
2 utility modes (one around 15lm and one around 200lm give or take)
As much run time as possible.
My current light, the p10, will run the medium mode (200lm or so) for something like 9 hours, and turbo (800lm) for about 4hr, and it is needed because some nights I need those 200 lumens for a constant few hours. I need something that can fit in my pocket all day but still put out some power. I have been thinking about the olight m2t but for 1200 lumens, it has the same candela rating as my current p10 that's outputting only 800 lumens. I just want to see if anyone knows of anything else close to these specs!
Thanks!

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
You may take a look at the Thrunite TN12 as well. That one seems very close to what you are looking for as well as the Olight you listed. I prefer the Ultra low (moonlight mode) on the Olight at 1 lumens compared to the (firefly mode) at .4 lumens on the Thrunite. I found it more useful from personal experience. The Fenix PD32 might be another option minus the ultra low mode. The low mode on The Fenix is 5 lumens. The Olight seems to have more of a flood beam (lowest candela), and the Fenix has the most throw of the three. Hopefully some Flashaholics will chime in and give you some more options.

Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
For the output/runtime you want and your line of work you really should stick to a duty light designed for this type of application. Just my opinion.

I'd recommend some of the larger (or medium size) rechargeable duty light options from Streamlight, Maglite, Pelican, Nightstick, Inova, all designed and marketed for your profession.
Then throw a Streamlight stylus Pro, a Pelican 1920 or a 5.11 TMT PLx (all 2AAA lights) in the pocket for general EDC tasks and as a backup.

2_stroke

Newly Enlightened
For the output/runtime you want and your line of work you really should stick to a duty light designed for this type of application. Just my opinion.

I'd recommend some of the larger (or medium size) rechargeable duty light options from Streamlight, Maglite, Pelican, Nightstick, Inova, all designed and marketed for your profession.
Then throw a Streamlight stylus Pro, a Pelican 1920 or a 5.11 TMT PLx (all 2AAA lights) in the pocket for general EDC tasks and as a backup.

I actually do have a few duty lights which get used on the regular, but I like to have a backup for the times when the duty light is either forgotten or the rare times when it fails. My EDC light is used 99% of the time in a lower utility mode for daily chores and is rarely asked to preform at a higher level, but I like knowing it's there if needed.