HDS Systems        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who has a Cat or Cats?

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Default Re: Who has a Cat or Cats?

After the earthquake today, my outdoor Colony Crew hid for hours, the indoor cats, not too much. Anyone else have odd reactions from their feline friends, and on the same day as fireworks, which I love but cats and dogs hate.

The fireworks have freaked out the indoor cats!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Outdoor animals have their feet in direct contact with the ground; this is probably why they seem to sense earthquakes slightly earlier than us sock-and-shoe clad humans do. In addition, some animals can sense the earth's magnetic field, which probably gets disturbed a bit by an earthquake. It must be really disorienting for them.

Our precious Manny Man journeyed to his next life last Sunday. In 4 very short months, we grew quickly to love him dearly. We miss him tremendously.

WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

That picture of Manny Man is an absolute portrait of trust and love. I am sorry for your loss.
    Veni vidi velcro

BVH, sorry.

BVH, I'm sorry to read of your loss. That's a damn shame.

Flapjack and Oreo paid Star an early morning visit. I think Oreo had bad intentions. Fortunately, I decided to go check on Star. After this picture was taken, Oreo turned and walked away. As Oreo approached Flapjack, he stood and they threw a few paws at each other's faces. Then Flapjack followed Oreo home.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchagency View Post
    Just something about grey cats like that one.... Always reminds me of Clovis from the Stephen King movie "Sleep Walkers." Had an All-Star cast of actors, all of whom were horrible! Clovis the cat literally gave the best acting performance out of everyone on that movie! Not even remotely joking!

"Just you and me now, Clovis."
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Is he a gray tabby or a brown tabby. Love the spots, gives the wilder look.

my guy? that's tc (follows his predecessor, magnum - he was so close to being named higgins he has no idea, lol). i think he's a plain ol' 16 1/2 y.o. black stripped tabby cat.

LULZ... i'm so reenacting that scene when i get home. cat's going to be like, what the heck.

That's going to be epic!

Edit: Song in the background is "Boadicea" by Enya.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 07-10-2019 at 06:05 PM. Reason: See Above.

Catching some early morning rays from his new favorite spot.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

mine is not happy someone woke him up.

Him looks pretty formidable.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1567082810.857191.jpg

My sonís classmate found this guy in a gutter. I havenít owned a cat in 30 years. I said no, since my cavy died this past winter, and they family made me dig a hole with a pickaxe in 20 degree weather...while they were warm inside watching me.
    I came home from work and took a nap and woke up to this furball sleeping on my sonís lap. I guess we have a cat now
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Him looks pretty formidable.
    it is only the looks, he runs and hides in a closet from any loud noise, when people come over he hides. and wont show up long after they are gone, not all friends believe i have a cat lol, cuz they never see him.

My sonís classmate found this guy in a gutter. I havenít owned a cat in 30 years. I said no, since my cavy died this past winter, and they family made me dig a hole with a pickaxe in 20 degree weather...while they were warm inside watching me.
    I came home from work and took a nap and woke up to this furball sleeping on my sonís lap. I guess we have a cat now
    No offense, but that's really messed up that your family demanded you do that.

Sorry, I'm going to add to the sadness. Then I finish with a cute story I've told here before. When I met my too be wife, "The girl came with two cats." And, I'll admit that because my wife and I never had kids, maybe the cats came to mean a little too much to us. When the cats passed we couldn't bring ourselves to get other pets. But we kept our fond memories. One CPF related story in particular, I remember doing my monthly flashlight maintenance routine and enjoying the calico knocking my neatly lined up NC D11s off of the coffee table, less than two feet down to the carpeted floor. She never got in the way at my ESD station and always waited for me to get back upstairs to the last step in the monthly process. I don't know if she could count. But, she always new when the last flashlight got staged before they were all (pawed to the floor then) put away.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Just something about grey cats like that one.... Always reminds me of Clovis from the Stephen King movie "Sleep Walkers." Had an All-Star cast of actors, all of whom were horrible! Clovis the cat literally gave the best acting performance out of everyone on that movie! Not even remotely joking!

"Just you and me now, Clovis."

I remember that one

Yeah, he looks like Clovis.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234