Who has a Cat or Cats?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have a Calico, and a solid gray inside our Desert home, and we are looking for additional male to be inside. Also, we have crew of feral cats in a colony outside, which I feed and water. They circle the house all day, and keep the rats out of the fruit trees. I feed the colony Meow Mix, and they go crazy for it! The indoor felines get better food.

To water the colony, I engineered a kitty drinking station that fills a trough using drip system supplies, and refills the trough when the sprinkler system comes on.

We we don't keep cats at our other homes. Too complex.

Cats rule, and rule the internet!

Who else has cats, and what breed and color?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Had a cat once. Beautiful black cat with green eyes.
Well it began throwing temper tantrums if I wasn't home by 5pm. I thought "that's partly why I was divorced so I definitely aint going to put up with that from a cat".

Nephron44

Enlightened
I have one! Giant orange tabby!

He totally does not act like a cat...greets me at the door, plays fetch, follows commands...he's awesome :)

He is totally a daddy's boy, though. If my wife gets home before me, he sits by the door and waits for me to get home...however, if it's the other way around, he could care less when she gets home! Also won't sit still for nail clippings or meds (when he's sick) for anyone but his good 'ol pops!

ironhorse

Enlightened
4 rescues. The baby was 3 weeks old. Bottle fed. One had an eye injury and the eye had to be removed. All 4 go outside on a leash.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have one, my wife insisted on getting him, will never agree to have another cat ever again.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I have one cat, he is the first cat I've ever had. Got him when he found me getting out of my truck and he followed me to my apartment. I went inside and he just sat by the door waiting for me. I set a timer for an hour or two and said "okay, if he's just waiting for me when the timer goes off I'll let him in". I secretly watched him from the window as people came and went from the apartment and he just ignored them. The timer went off and I went out there. When he saw me he put his paws on the glass. I opened the door and he came right in. Solid eye contact. I let him in, and put up signs, but nobody ever claimed him. I raised him like a dog, because that's all I ever had growing up. He behaves just like a dog. Greets me at the door, follows me from room to room like a little shadow, comes when I call him, lays down where I tell him to. I'll never be able to replace him.

Pretty much if you "hate cats", I probably won't like you as a person. This is not an absolute, but in my 57 years on this earth, I usually don't get along very well with people who don't like dogs and cats, or animals in general. :D

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 cats, all are indoor/outdoor. 2 males and 1 female. 20# tuxedo, black unknown & a 1 yr old Siamese, & she's a hellraiser. They're all going insane right now cause the snow is to deep to play outside.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Pretty much if you "hate cats", I probably won't like you as a person. This is not an absolute, but in my 57 years on this earth, I usually don't get along very well with people who don't like dogs and cats, or animals in general. :D

I hate cats. No desire to own one, especially an indoor one that requires a litter box in my house. Can't stand the smell of cat urine and wouldn't want to risk owning one that would pee on my couch and ruin it. I hate cat hair and do not want to see it on my clothes or furniture. I just do not like anything about them. We had one when I was a kid who lived to be about 19. He wanted nothing to do with anyone but my mother and would try to scratch your eyes out if you came near him. He stunk, he shed, he would attack your face in the middle of the night while you were sleeping. It was the worst. When he was 16 we thought he had run off to die and didn't see him for almost half a year. It was great. Things were peaceful and happy around the house. My sister made a little memorial for him in the woods to say goodbye. Then one day he comes crawling out from under the shed like nothing ever happened. My heart sank. It was like he was messing with me. We had to live with that nasty creature for two more years. It was torture.

Lumen83, Thank you for sharing. Your account was hilarious and well written. :laughing:

Here is our one and only. His name is Star and he is a wonderful, loving addition to our home.

~ Chance

2suBAha.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I feed many stray cats. Not a fan of cats but I feel sad for them

Nephron44

Enlightened
I hate cats. No desire to own one, especially an indoor one that requires a litter box in my house. Can't stand the smell of cat urine and wouldn't want to risk owning one that would pee on my couch and ruin it. I hate cat hair and do not want to see it on my clothes or furniture. I just do not like anything about them. We had one when I was a kid who lived to be about 19. He wanted nothing to do with anyone but my mother and would try to scratch your eyes out if you came near him. He stunk, he shed, he would attack your face in the middle of the night while you were sleeping. It was the worst. When he was 16 we thought he had run off to die and didn't see him for almost half a year. It was great. Things were peaceful and happy around the house. My sister made a little memorial for him in the woods to say goodbye. Then one day he comes crawling out from under the shed like nothing ever happened. My heart sank. It was like he was messing with me. We had to live with that nasty creature for two more years. It was torture.

Maybe he knew you hated him and just wanted some extra love, which you wouldn't provide :( maybe he just felt like an outcast, and so he acted out. I think you should have hugged him more ;)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have nothing against cats in general, as long as someone else has them. i always had dogs, my last dog died a year ago, and our busy schedule does not let us get a puppy. cats are not social animals as dogs are, sure there are exceptions.
it's funny that multiple people here love their cats because they act like dogs.

what i do hate is how litter box smells, how cats drags the litter all over the house, and worst thing is when they step into **** soaked litter, and then jump on your bed, and kitchen table counters...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, you had some nasty cat. i can't imagine putting up with that for so many years, it makes my cat look a lot better now, thanks.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Maybe he knew you hated him and just wanted some extra love, which you wouldn't provide :( maybe he just felt like an outcast, and so he acted out. I think you should have hugged him more ;)

I would have needed an industrial sized box of bandages if I tried hugging him more. This thing was a furry bundle of pissed off claws and teeth.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Lumen83, Thank you for sharing. Your account was hilarious and well written. :laughing:

Here is our one and only. His name is Star and he is a wonderful, loving addition to our home.

~ Chance

Thank you! Yours looks much friendlier.

wow, you had some nasty cat. i can't imagine putting up with that for so many years, it makes my cat look a lot better now, thanks.

I thought about putting his food dish in the street, but I would have felt bad if he dented someone's car. I'm kidding. I couldn't hurt an animal.

I'm sure they make great pets for a lot of people. And, some people really love them. Seemed like every woman I matched with on dating apps was a vegan hair dresser that owned about ten of them. So, theres that...

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Once I was cat watching and the cat was rubbing against my leg so I pet it. And the damn thing bit me

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him dog."

And dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of dog's adoration."

And God said, "I will create for them a companion who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created cat to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And dog was happy.

But the cat didn't care one way or the other.