• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

USB rechargeable 16340 cells. 50% fail rate.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Klarus, love your lights but I bought 4 of your 16340UR70 cells from lightmalls. One was dead on arrival and another didn't survive the first charge. That's a pretty serious failure rate. Suggest you check the circuitry of the charge board as I pulled the circuit off the top of one and the cell was fine so it must be the boards that are stuffed.

Below, one charging, one charged, one dead and one with the dead board removed and re-covered just to make it useable.

klight

Enlightened
Hi Jay R, sorry for the battery problem and all the convenience, our quality department will check all of our 16340 rechargeable batteries, as well as other rechargeable batteries, and our service team will contact you as soon as possible to solve it for you. If convenient for you, anything or any problem, please always feel free to e-mail to [email protected], your problem will be solved in time and soon.
Sorry Klarus, love your lights but I bought 4 of your 16340UR70 cells from lightmalls. One was dead on arrival and another didn't survive the first charge. That's a pretty serious failure rate. Suggest you check the circuitry of the charge board as I pulled the circuit off the top of one and the cell was fine so it must be the boards that are stuffed.

Below, one charging, one charged, one dead and one with the dead board removed and re-covered just to make it useable.

Johns957

Newly Enlightened
This is interesting. I had the 16340 fail in my Mi1c Klarus light at the beginning of the year. Less then 12 months. I would turn the light on high. And it immediately would go to low. I charged the battery through the USB port. No change.
Charged the battery in my Xtar charger. No change.Replaced battery with regular CR123A and flashlight works perfect. I now use a Orbtronic 16340 in my Klarus light with no problem. I tossed the Klarus battery. Obviously it had an issue.
And it sounds like it might not be an isolated incident. John