Bacon Super Charged Hot Tent Rocket Stove.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Sorry for the cellphone pics. I was in a funk. Drove for over an hour to launch the Pulk sled only to find I hand more snow in my woods. Some snow at the trail head but it just ran out a few hundred feet into the pull.

AgweiCB.jpg

Too much gear to backpack in. I couldn't go home with all that bacon so pulled over on the drive back to a local trail. There is no camping here or fire rings so decided to employ the tent stove as a rocket stove.

3gyptvb.jpg

Ryc5sz0.jpg

Bacon....

QGJdXaP.jpg

zx2DamH.jpg

I dumped the bacon grease down the short pipe and it just took off. Kept burning like this for some time.

mkeCn3T.jpg

OuukWxd.jpg

Stove in actual rocket mode.

3G15qnq.jpg

I dump the ashes in the snow. Made a heart which was IM to several women with mixed results.

HVUSxZ3.jpg

I think using a tent stove as a rocket stove worked out well. The longer pieces of wood were much easier to process. Just like pushing longer sticks into a fire rather than breaking them up.

scout24

Flashaholic
I've never used my small stove like that- how was it with embers, etc? Did you run one of the inline screens in the pipe? I do like the elbow. How does it work with a long pipe attached? Stable or wonky?