Available headlight bulbs BC, Canada

northbynorthwest1

Newly Enlightened
Multi-part question here:

1) Other than the GE NHP or NHX, what other high performance bulbs are worth considering on the Canadian market? 9007 size for a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder (ie. Not unicorns when it comes to availability and not marketing junk)

2) Does anyone know anyplace I can find decent bulbs in stock on the shelf in Canada? It seems like Sylvania has exclusive deals with most of the major stores and I can't find anything else without turning to Amazon. I already have a burnt out low beam so picking something off the shelf would be ideal.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
When I was up there visiting my in-laws in Burnaby, I went into a parts store called Lordco and saw they had the Philips lighting line. That being said, why skip the GE NHX?

northbynorthwest1

Newly Enlightened
That being said, why skip the GE NHX?

No reason other than if I can find a bulb in stock on the shelf locally so I can replace them today or tomorrow rather than Monday or Tuesday next week. Any particular line of Philips bulbs to look for? Or stay away from?

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
Philips Xtreme Vision is Philips' best, but the NHX is better and worth waiting a few days for.

When you do get new bulbs, regardless of what you end up buying, keep the good old bulb as a spare.

Another option is to buy the European Pathfinder headlights that use H4 bulbs. Go to ebay.de and search for "hella pathfinder scheinwerfer [rechts/links]" the German words for left and right.

Last edited: