Angryfox        

Thread: Available headlight bulbs BC, Canada

Default Available headlight bulbs BC, Canada

Multi-part question here:

1) Other than the GE NHP or NHX, what other high performance bulbs are worth considering on the Canadian market? 9007 size for a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder (ie. Not unicorns when it comes to availability and not marketing junk)

2) Does anyone know anyplace I can find decent bulbs in stock on the shelf in Canada? It seems like Sylvania has exclusive deals with most of the major stores and I can't find anything else without turning to Amazon. I already have a burnt out low beam so picking something off the shelf would be ideal.

Default Re: Available headlight bulbs BC, Canada

When I was up there visiting my in-laws in Burnaby, I went into a parts store called Lordco and saw they had the Philips lighting line. That being said, why skip the GE NHX?

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgil- View Post
    That being said, why skip the GE NHX?
    No reason other than if I can find a bulb in stock on the shelf locally so I can replace them today or tomorrow rather than Monday or Tuesday next week. Any particular line of Philips bulbs to look for? Or stay away from?

Philips Xtreme Vision is Philips' best, but the NHX is better and worth waiting a few days for.

When you do get new bulbs, regardless of what you end up buying, keep the good old bulb as a spare.

Another option is to buy the European Pathfinder headlights that use H4 bulbs. Go to ebay.de and search for "hella pathfinder scheinwerfer [rechts/links]" the German words for left and right.
    Last edited by haha1234; 03-14-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haha1234 View Post
    Philips Xtreme Vision is Philips' best
    True.

but the NHX is better
    False.

Another option is to buy the European Pathfinder headlights that use H4 bulbs
    This would be a performance downgrade, and there is no guarantee the European lamps would fit the US/Canada vehicle.

Thanks for the quick replies. Picked up a set of Xtreme Vision 9007s at the nearest Lordco yesterday.