• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McClicky Tool

okluma

Enlightened
Not long after we started making flashlights, I made a little tool for installing McClicky switches. It's easily one of the most used tools around the shop. We just made a batch of these large enough to go around. The body is hard anodized 6061, and the pins are made from 304 stainless. The tool will hold the switch in place so it's easier to start the threads, especially if the light it upside down.

I know many people use snap ring or needle nose pliers, but we've seen this cause a lot of damaged switches and flashlights. If you work on flashlights, I'd definitely recommend picking one of these up.

They are up for sale on our site here: https://okluma.com/collections/frontpage/products/mcclicky-switch-tool

AZHU9789_pp_1024x1024.jpg
AZHU9790_pp_1024x1024.jpg
AZHU9793_pp_1024x1024.jpg
AZHU9787_pp_1024x1024.jpg

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
Totally understandable that your lights and current products take precedence, but would there be any chance of getting one of your McClicky Tools with a longer body shaft.

Something like this:

AiI3T4e.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
You're not the first person to ask. We made quite a few of these so it may be awhile before we run more, but next time we'll make some extended versions.

Totally understandable that your lights and current products take precedence, but would there be any chance of getting one of your McClicky Tools with a longer body shaft.

Something like this:

AiI3T4e.jpg

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
You're not the first person to ask...

It just dawned on me while I was looking at one of your product photos and the orientation of the switch in the tool, and after looking at your lights on your website, your tool is designed to install/remove the switch from the "button side" or end of the flashlight, similar to Malkoff and other's tail caps or switch ends, not the battery/body side, such as with SureFire and others.

-D

okluma

Enlightened
It just dawned on me while I was looking at one of your product photos and the orientation of the switch in the tool, and after looking at your lights on your website, your tool is designed to install/remove the switch from the "button side" or end of the flashlight, similar to Malkoff and other's tail caps or switch ends, not the battery/body side, such as with SureFire and others.

-D

Ahh, yes, it is. We've made the other type before, but not very many.