Jetbeam        

Thread: 18650 UL chargers and cell storage

Default 18650 UL chargers and cell storage

Folks,
    i have seen the 2006 thread regarding 18650 chargers and which ones may be UL listed.
    I think the pros and cons and overall feelings about UL listed chargers were addressed but since itís 2019, I want to revisit the question.
    Does anyone have or know of a 4 cell or greater UL listed 18650 charger?
    I have a Surefire and a Nitecore and while I like them both, neither seem to be UL.
    just wondering if there is any out there?
    If I canít find one I may just go w/a Nitecore 6 or 8 cell charger.

Question #2
    what are some ideas for 18650 storage. I mean like 24 -50 cells.
    I have the ďstor a cellsĒ for pocket carry of 123, AA and 18650 (awesome) but want something larger.
    What is everyone else doing?
    Thanks!!

Enlightened

Default Re: 18650 UL chargers and cell storage

I use a plastic 12 gauge shotshell box that will store up to 30 batteries. I've seen 50 round boxes too.

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I use a plastic 12 gauge shotshell box that will store up to 30 batteries. I've seen 50 round boxes too.
    Brilliant !! 🔦
    That is exactly what I was looking for...how come I didnít think of that? LOL
    im thinking now maybe 20 ga would be a perfect fit..
    Last edited by LTBL777; 03-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

I got a large Flambeau case at Walmart that holds about 80 18650s and also can hold AA/AAA and other types of batteries too. I bought it for AA and AAA batteries and now I keep all but my alkaline/heavy duty cells in the box. I decided to keep leakables in a separate case now as I've have had to clean up leaks in the case several times over the years plus I don't have a whole lot of them now due to stocking nimh and lithium cells both primary and rechargeable. I do have some alkaline button cells (AG1-13) but that is the only alkalines in the case. I do have some 18650s in separate boxes too I got from Dollar Tree that are clear thick plastic bins with lids. I thought about the shell casing boxes but decided that they take up a lot more space in there with the dividers.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Thanks for the reply's both of you.
    I really like and have the storacell for 4 battery's or pocket, backup carry. https://storacell.net/
    They rock!
    Good deal with the Flambeau boxs. I do like the dividers in the shotgun shell cases though as I'm extremely organized.
    My 20 Gauge Plano arrived today and sadly the 18650 /3400 and 3500 are a little to tight to work. I'm going to use it for smaller battery's and get a 12 Gauge as JayHawk suggested.
    The Plano is a quality box.
    Last edited by LTBL777; 03-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.