• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Selfbuilt's new MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Offer - *** ALL SOLD ***

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
EDIT 04/13/18: All sold now, thanks everyone!.

EDIT 04/13/18: One box got lost in the mail, and was eventually returned to me. Seller asked for a refund, so that means I have one more box to sell if anyone wants it. Happy to let it go for $85 USD - offer open to everyone, even if they previously bought a box. As always, first "I'll take it post" here gets it - but please confirm with me before sending Paypal. Thanks!

Welcome to my second CPF Mystery Box sale! :party:

Following up on my Premium Mystery Box sale, I've managed to cobble together enough for a second batch of 11 boxes. There will be no more mystery box sales after this – once these are gone, that's all folks!

So what's changed? There is a slight change to the composition of the boxes, as I am running low on 1xCR123A lights – so some will get a 1xAA or 1xAAA instead, as below. Each medium-sized shipping box contains five (5) mystery lights:

• 1x 1xCR123A/RCR class OR 1x 1xAA/AAA class
  • 2x 1x18650/2xCR123A class
  • 1x 2x18650/3x18650 class
  • and one additional light from one of the 18650 classes (i.e., 1x/2x/3x18650 - basically, whatever I can still fit into the box!)

20190316_100440.jpg

This is my Mid-Range Mystery box offer, so I can only guarantee that at two (2) or three (3) lights will be from the premium brand names, specifically: Eagletac, Fenix, Foursevens, Jetbeam, Klarus, Nitecore, Olight, Rofis, Skilhunt, Sunwayman, Tiablo, or Thrunite. The remaining lights will be from the mid-range brands, including: Bronte, Imalent, ITP, Orcatorch, L3 Illumination, Lumintop, Lumapower, Nextorch, Niwalker, Ray Tactical, SkyRay, Solarforce, Xeno and Xtar. Note that many of these have equivalent build quality to the premium brands (indeed, the distinction is fairly arbitrary in many cases).

Lights come from across my reviews, but with a focus on the older years this time. That said, I have made sure to include at least one fairly recent model in all the boxes. I've also included a few surprises in many of boxes. ;)

All lights are in the same condition as described in their reviews, with all extras and packaging included if I have them (a few are bare lights, although I've thrown in a mismatched holster that fits, if I had one).

Given the slightly lower overall status, I am going to let these Mid-Range Mystery Boxes go for $90 USD shipped. :wave:

Shipping to Canada and the US only. Sorry, no international shipping (the rates are just too high). All lights will ship Tracked Packet, Expedited Parcel or equivalent, with tracking and insurance.

Rules:

• To give everyone a shot at this, I will limit the sale to one Mid-Range Mystery Box per CPF member - no exceptions. Purchasers of the premium mystery boxes are eligible to apply, as this is a new sale.
  • First ones to post an "I'll take it!" to this thread will get a box. If you are among the first 11 posters, please paypal the $90 USD to me at [email protected] immediately (no need to wait for a confirmation from me, as there are only 11 boxes). After that, I will add you to backup list in order of post (do not send funds if you are not in the top 11).
  • Payment must be received within 24 hours of posting in this thread. I will hold a box for you for only that long, and will then offer it to the next backup poster here.
  • Please do not ask for specific makes/models – I've already made up the boxes, and will not be doing substitutions. I've tried to vary the brand names within each box.
  • All lights are sold as is, in good working order to the best of my knowledge.
  • No trades. Payment by Paypal only.
  • Please make sure to include your full name and shipping address – including phone number in the Paypal order, along with your CPF name so that I can match orders up (if you forget, just PM me afterwards with the missing details).
  • I will confirm by PM/e-mail when the payment is received, and notify you with the tracking details within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
And that's it. Have fun folks!

P.S.: As before, feel free to post what you receive in the general discussion opening thread if you want – the only mystery is what I pack, not what you receive! :grin2:

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Selfbuilt's new MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Offer - $90 USD

I'll take one! PayPal incoming

duffman

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one, too.

PP sent.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTS: Selfbuilt's new MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Offer - $90 USD

I'll take one. do you plan on doing a mystery box for the whiskey samples...or maybe you can include a bottle with one of these

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let the fun begin! Great idea selfbuilt!

savumaki

Enlightened

I will take one. PP on its way.

Are you close enough to p/u

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

So now that the shelves are all cleaned out...what are you keeping?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

So that's five boxes sold, paid for, and shipped (tracking info sent, or available through paypal).

Six left to go ...

So now that the shelves are all cleaned out...what are you keeping?
Mainly engineering samples, customs/mods, larger lights too heavy to ship, and few old favourites. I still have some AA-class lights, but I give those away to friends, co-workers, etc. Don't expect I'll be doing too many more sale threads after this, maybe the occasional old classic, if I feel the need.

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one! PayPal sent! Ty sir!

Last edited:

cfishy

Newly Enlightened

Sounds interesting. In for one!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

PayPal received, that makes 8 boxes sold, 3 boxes left.

EDIT: 8 sold and shipped

Last edited:

Grinchstolelights

Newly Enlightened

Selfbuilt, I'll admit after I have a package en route... but do you have any beginning resources for an 18650 newb? Recommended batteries, chargers, resources to read on it? Getting confused with unprotected vs protected etc; have access via esk8 projects to lots of unprotected LG 18650 but not sure if that's a recipe for disaster because I'm not going to want to learn too much re: chemistry and all that; happy to adhere to generally recognized best practices.