• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A love letter to the humble Peak Eiger

LRJ88

Enlightened
I've had my Peak Eigers for about 4 years now give or take a few days, during this time they've spent time rummaging around in computers, helping with shooting, low-light reading, lantern duty with a makeshift diffuser, doing just about anything i could think of and then some. Apart from the beginning when one was acting up (due to my rather well-documented poor luck when it comes to most things) they've run smoothly and they've never given my any issues whatsoever with ramping or battery crushing.

Looking back at my purchase i realise my choice back then was more than just fortunate, i got flashlights that have been unrivalled in their use and despite looking at other flashlights and buying others i still somehow keep gravitating to carrying an Eiger along with them because i know the Eiger will keep working long after the majority of other flashlights give up.

It's rare that i get something that lasts for this long, switches give out, random connection errors happen, drastic parasitic drain increase, just dying for no discernible reason, the fact that these flashlights are still kicking is a testament to their quality and how completely foolproof they are.

TL;DR Peak Eigers are pretty damn good.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting !

BUT . . . .

Every Single Time i consider BUYING
a Peak Eiger, I very quickly encounter
a Brick Wall !

Not Available on Amazon,
Battery Junction, etc.

and NOW, sounds like it's ONLY
available with the QTC "feature",
which everyone seems NOT to like !

:(

archimedes

Flashaholic
Only available from RMSK, or direct from Peak, I believe.

Both appear to have QTC and non-QTC versions available.

If you order direct, although that can sometimes be a challenge, there are a number of custom options which can be specified.

Agpp

Enlightened
Interesting !

BUT . . . .

Every Single Time i consider BUYING
a Peak Eiger, I very quickly encounter
a Brick Wall !

Not Available on Amazon,
Battery Junction, etc.

and NOW, sounds like it's ONLY
available with the QTC "feature",
which everyone seems NOT to like !