Why are Nitecore so incredibly stubborn to not offer more led options/color temp

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
I think we all can agree that nitecore is the brand with superior build quality and electronic design etc. Problem is I would love many of their lights but almost all their lights are white light. They seem very stubborn it not offer any warm light or even choose between neutral and white light?

Many competitors now day offer you to choose led often different brands like sst and nicha. In nitecores world they don't exist.

I would love like for instance nicha leds with nitecore.
Nitecore now days have many competitors when it comes to performance such as fireflies e07, what nitecore have in their design compared to competition is nitecore in general have better heatsink design, while competition usually have to step down in output more aggressively because of heat.

My first flashlight I bought was tm26 (why don't more companies use that glorious led display?)

But anyway I see nitecore loose a big part of the flashholic market because they don't offer more led options with more color temp options.

Instead we have to buy cheaper products with often more light output but less reliable and worse heatsink design.
I just find it strange nitecore should be the high end alternative but they refuse to offer warmer leds. Most people here don't want white light me included white light for me is just trash quality it's a cheap way to make it bright but looks not pleasing to the eye..

Well nitecore has become more mainstream they have lost the ball a little bit.. Now only the concept series is little bit interesting but still only offer white light...

It's just strange that their is no high end options to fireflies e07 for people who are ready to pat over 200 dollars for same performance but increased stability and more constant light output tjef does not step down after 30 seconds and better reliability and electronics.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought a cool-white light in over 5 years. I guess there aren't enough of people like me to make it worthwhile for Nitecore to sell to me.

parametrek

Enlightened
Nitecore is very strongly driven by numbers and lists of features. Cool white means more lumens means better numbers.

However you make it sound like they don't offer anything in neutral white. Out of the 181 Nitecores in my database there are 29 with a neutral white option. About half of them are smaller keychain lights and headlamps. The other half are normal flashlights.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say that Nitecore is the brand with superior build quality and electronic design...these days its more like: Nitecore is just a brand with decent build quality and electronic design...so many others to choose from that suit your tastes.

I considered Nitecore very briefly, but my dollars went to better purchases.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I remember calling NiteCore a budget brand once and being flamed like crazy.

They make pretty good stuff in my view, but to stick with one brand and set about telling woes of how closed minded that brand is...well there are tons of other companies making pretty good stuff and offer choices preffered by Nichia fans.

It reminds me of a coworker who eats Cheerios for breakfast every day and says "but they should come with raisins"...

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
My Nitecore EA4W is the only light I own that actuallyhad a switch fail. And the crazy thing is the light is in perfect condition. Literally not one single scratch or dent. Yet my older EA4 with the old switch boot that bubbles WAY up continues to function. When I got that EA4 it was my favorite light. Like a pocket search light. That was before the tint bug had really really taken hold of me. I will say this: for a light operating AAs and with a reflector as deep as it has, and a bezel that keeps the lens so deeply recessed, that light is very impressively short in length. Shorter than my previously favorite flashlight, a MagLite XL100. The XL100 uses AAAs, has a shallower reflector, and the lens isn't recessed nearly as deep, yet it is longer in length.

Berneck1

Enlightened
The vast majority of people don't care about tint. They want light, and lots of it. It's easy to lose sight of the real flashlight market in these forums. People in these forums account for a very small portion of sales. It's the same with most industries including cameras, knives, watches, etc.....

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore is a budget brand with mediocre quality that caters to the larger market that would buy a purple light as long as it has bigger numbers than another.

markr6

Flashaholic
Nitecore is a budget brand with mediocre quality that caters to the larger market that would buy a purple light as long as it has bigger numbers than another.

I agree.

I do love the MT-G2 in my EC4SW. P30 is a nice cheap thrower, but horribly blue.

markr6

Flashaholic
I liked the EC4SW I had, but I gave up on it due to the absurd parasitic drain, would drain a pair of 3400mAh 18650s in about 3 weeks

It's pretty crazy. Makes the light almost useless. But I started to suspect my batteries. They were Eastshine protected cells. Dead in months just sitting outside the light! So I bought some Evva brand from Mountain Electronics and they seem to be better...still "3 flashes" on the EC4SW after a few weeks. We'll see how it goes. Sorry for the OT.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but, I disagree on the quality. Nitecore is one of the bottom of the bucket mainstream Chinese flashlight companies when it comes to quality/QC in my opinion/experience.

Qship1996

Enlightened
I hate the browsing the Nitecore line-up, way to many models of both lights and chargers.They need to pare down the lineup and put the $ into improving the product.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but, I disagree on the quality. Nitecore is one of the bottom of the bucket mainstream Chinese flashlight companies when it comes to quality/QC in my opinion/experience.
This is where 'your mileage may vary' come in. I have close to a dozen Nitecore lights, and haven't had a problem with any of them since I started buying them in 2013.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is where 'your mileage may vary' come in. I have close to a dozen Nitecore lights, and haven't had a problem with any of them since I started buying them in 2013.
You are lucky as lots of people do have problems.

Also, it isn't just about problems or QC. I was speaking about quality too. Take one of your Nitecore's apart sometime and have a look at the quality inside. There have been plenty of examples on here over the years too if you look. Honestly, some look like they were assembled and soldered by a Gorilla lol. I think anyone who has owned multiple examples of several different Chinese made offerings would see that Nitecore is a step down from many of the other brands(especially if they looked inside).

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree about the tints. I wish that they offered neutral white in more of their lights, especially the smaller ones designed for closer work. They did make a CRI version of the Tip, which I rewarded by buying several.

To offer different tints for a light, at a minimum you have to deal with different bins. It is entirely possible that a bin with the desired characteristics isn't available or practical for some emitters.

I have to agree with @Berneck1, most of the possible purchasers don't understand or even know different tints exist. All they want are the biggest numbers. If a light is offered with two tints, they will go with the tint with the biggest numbers, even though the difference in lumens will not make any significant difference in real life use. They see a 100 lumen difference between tints in a 1,000 lumen light and let the 10% difference influence their choice, when we know that that difference is insignificant.

And as far as all the different models, I think they will see a demand for some new feature on a light they are already making, so they will make a genII version, and give it a different model number. I guess I have been following Nitecore lights long enough that I can say, "Oh, that's nice." to a new light, then ignore it because I don't need a light like that.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep buying them but they seem more gimmicky overall to me than quality oriented and every single one of the keychain models comes on in pocket every single time I touch one somehow?

I have the TUP locked out in a Pack that I take into Hotels on the road and it is always either dead or on when I take it our of the pack?????

Latest posts