The Fenix-Store        
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: BLF GTvn Micro

Default Re: BLF GTvn Micro

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I have 1 left in stock until I am out for a long while.
    Did I get it? Placed an order a few minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Did I get it? Placed an order a few minutes ago
    Yup!
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Yup!
    My first white! And a thrower. This is so not me, but probably be fun to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    My first white! And a thrower. This is so not me, but probably be fun to try out.
    When you get the light you will be like this is SOOO 4 Me hahah.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

I canít believe I still havenít bought one of these. I suggested you build them. What is wrong with me? Haha
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

You missing out big time. Itís a fantastic edc. Throws like craaazy! And pretty darn bright too.

Hi All,

I have posted this in the Lounge but have just seen this thread. Hoping you can assist, I have been trying to turn off the thermal regulation on my GT Mini to no avail (and would like to keep ramping). I have read the instructions but had no success.

If possible could someone please provide step by step instructions!

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Boy View Post
    Hi All,

I have posted this in the Lounge but have just seen this thread. Hoping you can assist, I have been trying to turn off the thermal regulation on my GT Mini to no avail (and would like to keep ramping). I have read the instructions but had no success.

If possible could someone please provide step by step instructions!

Many thanks.
    I think gt mini have a narsil. Maybe this video will help.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMU-YB_r9Y

Micro is all sold out for now. Resock 2-3 weeks?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Has anyone found a pocket clip that works with this light?

I used a split ring with clip. I posted a picture on page 3 of this thread. Post 86

Flashaholic*

w2 back in stock? might pick up 2 if so.
    tx

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    w2 back in stock? might pick up 2 if so.
    tx

All in stock
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

good deal.
    rough runtimes on turbo, high ?
    heat on turbo ?

About 2 minutes until its hot. I don't test runtimes so I am not sure.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

A brief word of warning to everyone. I would advise making it standard procedure to carry this light with the head backed off a bit. I had mine in my back pocket just long enough to manage getting the UI into some mode that I canít get out of. I originally had the ramping UI on this light, but now all I have is turbo and moonlight, with no ramping in between. Any long press of the button results in it immediately going into strobe, even if Iím attempting to do one of the factory resets. Itís a shame, because otherwise the light is awesome.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    A brief word of warning to everyone. I would advise making it standard procedure to carry this light with the head backed off a bit. I had mine in my back pocket just long enough to manage getting the UI into some mode that I canít get out of. I originally had the ramping UI on this light, but now all I have is turbo and moonlight, with no ramping in between. Any long press of the button results in it immediately going into strobe, even if Iím attempting to do one of the factory resets. Itís a shame, because otherwise the light is awesome.
    May be this might help

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I'm a bit opposed to this warning. Instead of an advisory, why not ask the community a question as to why your experiencing an issue?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Default BLF GTvn Micro

It happend to me as well but following instructions in the manual (several times) iíve made it. Thatís why it was mentioned ďunscrew tailcap, when screw back on youíll have 2 blinks....Ē
    BTW itís Narsil by TomE but you find more detailed instructions in ToyKeeper cfg files, publicaly displayed. Just google it

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    It happend to me as well but following instructions in the manual (several times) iíve made it. Thatís why it was mentioned ďunscrew tailcap, when screw back on youíll have 2 blinks....Ē
    BTW itís Narsil by TomE but you find more detailed instructions in ToyKeeper cfg files, publicaly displayed. Just google it

Sent from Tapatalk
    Thanks, ID. Were you referring to something similar to this:

https://1lumen.com/wp-content/upload...manual-1.2.pdf

If so, I do get the two flashes you mentioned when I reattach the head. But neither of the factory resets work for me because as soon as I get to the first Ďpress and holdí in the sequence, the light immediately starts to strobe.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Thanks, ID. Were you referring to something similar to this:

https://1lumen.com/wp-content/upload...manual-1.2.pdf

If so, I do get the two flashes you mentioned when I reattach the head. But neither of the factory resets work for me because as soon as I get to the first Ďpress and holdí in the sequence, the light immediately starts to strobe.
    https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykee...re/trunk/files

GT Support: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57676

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    I'm a bit opposed to this warning. Instead of an advisory, why not ask the community a question as to why your experiencing an issue?
    Two primary reasons, I suppose. First, given my understanding of the community we have built here at CPF in general, and within Vinhís subforum in particular, I knew that by merely stating my dilemma, offers of assistance would be forthcoming. As you can see, Vinh and id have already stepped in to help.

Second, and more importantly, I offer the warning because 1) the light is essentially useless in its current configuration if you wish to use it for any length of time, 2) itís ridiculously easy to accidentally put the light into this borderline useless mode without taking precautions and 3) itís extremely difficult and counterintuitive to get the light out of this nearly useless mode once in.

As such, I would like to do my small part as a member of this community by sparing as many others as possible from the fate that has befallen me. I suspect that by doing something as simple as backing off the head a bit after use, this goal would be accomplished.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Flashaholic

Two primary reasons, I suppose. First, given my understanding of the community we have built here at CPF in general, and within Vinhís subforum in particular, I knew that by merely stating my dilemma, offers of assistance would be forthcoming. As you can see, Vinh and id have already stepped in to help.

Second, and more importantly, I offer the warning because 1) the light is essentially useless in its current configuration if you wish to use it for any length of time, 2) itís ridiculously easy to accidentally put the light into this borderline useless mode without taking precautions and 3) itís extremely difficult and counterintuitive to get the light out of this nearly useless mode once in.

As such, I would like to do my small part as a member of this community by sparing as many others as possible from the fate that has befallen me. I suspect that by doing something as simple as backing off the head a bit after use, this goal would be accomplished.
    I think Trail's point was more along the lines of "we have only ever heard of this issue happening once, so best not to treat it as something pervasive", I pocket my MicroMule all the time and have never experienced this, nor any accidental turn-on for that matter.

Definitely good to bring up because you probably aren't/ won't be the only one, but I think with Trail, perhaps a bit too soon to issue this as a omnipresent GT Micro user warning. That all being said, never really a bad idea to mechanically lock out a light. I'm sure this guy could burn a nice little hole in your pocket! :P

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    That all being said, never really a bad idea to mechanically lock out a light. I'm sure this guy could burn a nice little hole in your pocket! :P
    Thatís really the main point Iím trying to get across. Being as the Micro is the first of the BLF GT family that truly invites you to just drop it into a pocket, one super simple precaution is likely all thatís necessary to prevent any chance of a malfunction and, as you say, makes lots of sense purely from a safety standpoint.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Can someone please make a video to show all the UI features of Narsil, Audril, and IOS 2.0? Other than the simple ramp feature I havnt explore much. I really need to but always find time to do other stuff..
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Video... that takes time to google it

Sent from Tapatalk

Default BLF GTvn Micro

Vinh, pardon my lazyness for not reading all the way to the top but whatís the reason not offering W1?

Sent from Tapatalk
    Last edited by id30209; 05-17-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Some need the most throw possible for the package. Spotting bouy and looking down narrow tubes and pipes requires such beams. Some event mount on home defense shotgun to use the spot at the appromixte area of aim.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Vinh, pardon my lazyness for not reading all the way to the top but whatís the reason not offering W1?

Sent from Tapatalk
    I asked but I dont remember if it was here. There wasnt a huge difference in throw. The reflector just worked better for w2. You can get w1 he just advises against it.

Well i just made one
    Pictures in the morning

Sent from Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast