Klarus        

Thread: New to peak

Default New to peak

I recently got into these lights and canít say enough good things about them. I scored a SS Pamir or Rainier. Itís kinda up in the air as to what it really is. the lady at peak is doing some research to see for sure,but it is absolutely built like a bank vault! Single mode AA. I will be getting more thatís for sure. Just my two cents 😄
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Re: New to peak

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I recently got into these lights and canít say enough good things about them. I scored a SS Pamir or Rainier. Itís kinda up in the air as to what it really is. the lady at peak is doing some research to see for sure,but it is absolutely built like a bank vault! Single mode AA. I will be getting more thatís for sure. Just my two cents 
    Do you have a picture of the head of it? Rainier has a twist around the head almost like a thread IIRC. Nice catch though, they're amazing little lights.

Ya I can get you one peak asked for the letter that is stamped on the positive battery terminal on back of pill. I guess thatís how they keep track of models. I would never of even seen it if she hadnít asked lol.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Crappie picture best I could do without running down stairs and taking one myself 😂

Crappie picture best I could do without running down stairs and taking one myself 
    I must admit, that looks almost more like a Baltic, you rarely see those nowadays, i'm guessing the owners mostly want to keep them.

Any experts out there that can identify a peak light by the letter on the positive contact?

Any experts out there that can identify a peak light by the letter on the positive contact?
    The letter refers only to the light-engine / emitter
    ... is the archimedes peak

I see. Ya know what B means?

I see. Ya know what B means?
    Sure it's not an "8" ... ?

If I had to say Iíd say yes it is an 8 but peak asked me for the ď letterĒ on the positive contact so I just figured it was a bad stamping. But yes to me itís an 8.

That means max output.

I've started to try to update the following post, which lists the Peak alphanumeric codes ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...d.php?t=164081

... and encourage others to do so, if they have additional info on that topic.
    Last edited by archimedes; 03-22-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Just looked at that thanks arch.im really liking peak lights surprised that threads here are dead.

Just looked at that thanks arch.im really liking peak lights surprised that threads here are dead.
    I agree!!
    I will ask my Peak questions here from now on.

So I really love my Peak Pamir. Itís a pretty big 2XAA twisty that could probably be used as a hammer with no ill effect. But itís kinda old school so wasnít expecting to much in the output and runtime department.it puts out about 150-175 lumens on fresh alkaline batteries and has a wide beam great for walking and using on trails or in the house. Well I did a runtime test with A couple of Duracell primaries and it took a nose dive at 2-2 1/2 hours down to 30 lumens or so which is still plenty to work with and figured if I got 2-3 more hours like that I would be happy. Well itís been running like that somewhere between 20-30 lumens for 23 hours! Really did I not expect that at all. I can tell you one thing now that I know it has some decent runtimes and built as it is I will definitely be putting one of them in my BOB.

Hmmmm . . .

I don't see that listed
    AT ALL on their website !

_

Ya you won't. think they stopped making then in 06 or 07. That's why I say old school. The beam is NOT pretty on them. In fact you can see the LED diode on a wall out to 8 feet or so. Past that and you have a nice round floodlight. An as I say this is seriously the heaviest and best build light I have and to be able to run for "now it's at 25 hours" on a set of AA batteries is kinda amazing.

Thatís them right there

Now at 42 hours and still pumping out 3 lumens or so. Your not going to see more then 5 feet with it in complete darkness but in a tent or small room it is still very useful.im going to let her go to the 48 hour mark and check battery voltage as 48 hours off of a couple easy to find cheap AA I think is more then Acceptable in just about any situation. Got to say very impressed.
    Last edited by thermal guy; 04-07-2019 at 09:46 AM.

So pulled the plug at 46 hours. Was still putting out 3-4 lumens and could see in pitch dark if needed. Batteries were at .750 and .450! Sheís a battery vampire for sure.

So pulled the plug at 46 hours. Was still putting out 3-4 lumens and could see in pitch dark if needed. Batteries were at .750 and .450! Sheís a battery vampire for sure.
    Peak uses a quite interesting driver ... not the flattest regulation, but efficient and it never saw a cell it couldn't squeeze out a few more photons from (lol)

Well whatever there using it seems geared to long output. Combined with the build quality Iíd say they are a pretty dam good light.

Probably wonít run to long on this body but looks cool!