• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New to peak

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I recently got into these lights and can't say enough good things about them. I scored a SS Pamir or Rainier. It's kinda up in the air as to what it really is. the lady at peak is doing some research to see for sure,but it is absolutely built like a bank vault! Single mode AA. I will be getting more that's for sure. Just my two cents 😄

LRJ88

Enlightened
I recently got into these lights and can't say enough good things about them. I scored a SS Pamir or Rainier. It's kinda up in the air as to what it really is. the lady at peak is doing some research to see for sure,but it is absolutely built like a bank vault! Single mode AA. I will be getting more that's for sure. Just my two cents 

Do you have a picture of the head of it? Rainier has a twist around the head almost like a thread IIRC. Nice catch though, they're amazing little lights.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I can get you one peak asked for the letter that is stamped on the positive battery terminal on back of pill. I guess that's how they keep track of models. I would never of even seen it if she hadn't asked lol.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
C8-EF5-FBB-075-F-435-D-A79-D-0430-F15392-C2.png

Crappie picture best I could do without running down stairs and taking one myself 😂

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Any experts out there that can identify a peak light by the letter on the positive contact?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If I had to say I'd say yes it is an 8 but peak asked me for the " letter" on the positive contact so I just figured it was a bad stamping. But yes to me it's an 8.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just looked at that thanks arch.im really liking peak lights surprised that threads here are dead.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So I really love my Peak Pamir. It's a pretty big 2XAA twisty that could probably be used as a hammer with no ill effect. But it's kinda old school so wasn't expecting to much in the output and runtime department.it puts out about 150-175 lumens on fresh alkaline batteries and has a wide beam great for walking and using on trails or in the house. Well I did a runtime test with A couple of Duracell primaries and it took a nose dive at 2-2 1/2 hours down to 30 lumens or so which is still plenty to work with and figured if I got 2-3 more hours like that I would be happy. Well it's been running like that somewhere between 20-30 lumens for 23 hours! Really did I not expect that at all. I can tell you one thing now that I know it has some decent runtimes and built as it is I will definitely be putting one of them in my BOB.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hmmmm . . .

I don't see that listed
AT ALL on their website !

:thinking:
_

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya you won't. think they stopped making then in 06 or 07. That's why I say old school. The beam is NOT pretty on them. In fact you can see the LED diode on a wall out to 8 feet or so. Past that and you have a nice round floodlight. An as I say this is seriously the heaviest and best build light I have and to be able to run for "now it's at 25 hours" on a set of AA batteries is kinda amazing.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
5405-B7-DF-80-E0-48-CA-92-EE-5-C2913-F756-AE.jpg

That's them right there

Now at 42 hours and still pumping out 3 lumens or so. Your not going to see more then 5 feet with it in complete darkness but in a tent or small room it is still very useful.im going to let her go to the 48 hour mark and check battery voltage as 48 hours off of a couple easy to find cheap AA I think is more then Acceptable in just about any situation. Got to say very impressed.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So pulled the plug at 46 hours. Was still putting out 3-4 lumens and could see in pitch dark if needed. Batteries were at .750 and .450! She's a battery vampire for sure.

archimedes

Flashaholic
So pulled the plug at 46 hours. Was still putting out 3-4 lumens and could see in pitch dark if needed. Batteries were at .750 and .450! She's a battery vampire for sure.
Peak uses a quite interesting driver ... not the flattest regulation, but efficient and it never saw a cell it couldn't squeeze out a few more photons from (lol)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well whatever there using it seems geared to long output. Combined with the build quality I'd say they are a pretty dam good light.