Group-buy SureFire M-4 for $185. Interested?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Last week I talked to a dealer at a local gun show, and we agreed on a price of $185 for a SureFire M-4, provided that I (or we) would be 5 of them. If there is serious interest from at least 4 other people, I will follow up with the dealer on tax and shipping details. Also, I got the feeling this offer was very short-term, so I'll need to make sure he hasn't withdrawn it (I've sat on it for a week, for no good reason). Assuming after that it remains a really good deal, I'll post ordering details.

The dealer is a reputable and well-known (to other members of this forum, I believe) SF-area gun show dealer. I'll post the name and make sure everyone is happy, as soon as we decide to move forward!

Joe

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Joe,

Oh sure, just what I need... or what I'm trying to say is that I'd do the deal. I'd also want to pick up a few spare bulbs. Any chance those M4's would have the Pyrex lens?

Anyhow I'm game.

Byron

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Joe if it falls through and you are still interested contact me and I'll get you a match on the deal or better.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Joe drop me an email when you get a chance I have a package for you if your still interested.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
WEll, obviously we didn't get 5 people. However, the folks at Texas Tactical Supply were nice enough to match the deal -- $185, delivered. Is this still a general offer for the group? I'm going to grab two.

Joe

Free

Enlightened
Count me in? How about the Pyrex Lense?
shocked.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Joe has the 2 that we have in stock now. If anyone is interested drop me an email so I'll know how many to order. I'll check on the lens but it will be whatever Sure Fire is currently shipping.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Just an update Sure Fire has a shortage of the MN60 bulbs for the light. I was told they expect the next shipment of bulbs in around August 5th. And in answer to the Pyrex question I was told these will have the pyrex lens.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Well, TTS delivered on the $185 M4 along with an equally great price on bulb/batteries. I don't know if anyone else took advantage of this offer but the M4 is incredible. Even with the 225 lumem lamp it is clearly superior to my Mag Charger in out put (and less weight to boot... 11.3 oz vs 31 oz). Looks like the lens is not Pyrex (tapping it produces a 'plastic' quality sound). Although the manual does specific Pyrex, I'm not really concered about this. I would guess that M4's are a rarity as my SN is A001089.

Thanks TTS!

Byron

Free

Enlightened
Hey Byron, I got serial number A001091 so you beat me
grin.gif

I think you are right about the Pyrex lense. I have an M6 which doesn't have a pyrex lense and tapping on both of them sounds the same.

Does anyone know what a pyrex lense is supposed to sound like
confused.gif

Byron Walter

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Free:
Hey Byron, I got serial number A001091 so you beat me
grin.gif

Hey! We both have rare lights... suppose the price has something to do with that?

confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My guess is that if you hit it real hard, it should sound like glass breaking
smile.gif

Byron

Byron Walter

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Talmadge:
I picked up one for me and one for a buddy, and am happy with TTS's service. In fact, I just ordered 3 more for some other buddies!

Joe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently that good service is, in part, due to William Zermeno who occasionly posts here. You might contact him for some good prices on batteries as well. I picked up some Panasonics that were perhaps a year old. The price made them worth it. BTW, it seems these M4's are coming with SF labeled 123's.

Byron

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Free:

confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It definitely is much more solid and sounds like glass. You'll know the difference. If you have any doubt then you have the Lexan lens.