Drop in led's for old Surefires?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know where I can get reasonably cheap led drop-ins for these? I know Lumen Factory do them for around 60 bucks but I was thinking more along the lines of 20 to 30.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check mtnelectronics. I know at one time he had some pretty cheap ones on there. You can always do fleabay too. Tons on there.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, agree with Mr Burly above.

But such nice vintage classics, and in beautiful condition too ... why not get them something of comparable quality [emoji317]

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately there aren't tons on ebay that I could find other than the ones with built in reflectors which won't work in the E2 as the reflector is part of the head, it doesn't come out separately. I know you can get replacement heads but I don't want to change the lights, just replace the bulbs.

If I can't pick up cheap drop-in's I'll probably just keep them as my 'token' incandescent lights.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just reread your post. I saw the 60 and assumed that was your price. My apologies, I'd save up a few extra dollars if possible and get one of the lumens factory drop ins everything they have is quality

P220C

Newly Enlightened
I went through this a few months ago with a C-3. I finally unloaded to someone that liked it for what it was and bought myself a new light. I couldn't be happier with the decision.

I still have the e2E, which runs great as incan on 16650s

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know where I can get reasonably cheap led drop-ins for these? I know Lumen Factory do them for around 60 bucks but I was thinking more along the lines of 20 to 30.

My advice would be to keep the M3 as it is. What a beauty. If you don't like it anymore, it should fetch a good price on the marketplace. I agree with your sentiment that the head of the light should not be replaced. Years ago, I ditched my incandescent Surefires and have regretted it ever since.

leng

Newly Enlightened
I have the lumens factory drop in.. it works well.