Current day replacement for EagleTac D25A Ti Clicky?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
A number of years ago, after buying and trying a whole lot of different lights for EDC pocket carry, I settled on the EagleTac D25A Titanium clicky, with a warm/neutral XM-L T6 emitter, running 14500 li-ion. This size, form factor, UI, beam, tint, and output seemed ideal to me.

It's been an awesome and very bright pocket light. Such a nice design. Great beam & tint quality. Light, small, potent, and reliable. Good run times. 14500 capable. Kind of a "home-run" EDC pocket light, in my view.

So... it's been some years since I've been carrying this light every day. I STILL love it! And certainly, it can continue serving me for many more years to come!

BUT, I HAVE TO WONDER.... is there a new light on the scene that would make an even better successor to the EagleTac D25C XM-L T6?

Or does it make more sense to just keep enjoying what this great light continues to offer?

Perhaps an upgraded emitter option?

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You seem to have achieved what the rest of us are seeking - satisfaction.
If you are happy with what you have, just put on a smug smile and enjoy it.
Seriously though, there must be some lights out there that would catch your eye, but they may not push all the buttons at the same time.
Sorry, too many metaphors. I haven't had my Cornflakes yet.
P

PS. There's another one for sale here....
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...A-(LNIB)-Olight-T10-(USED)-85-for-the-PACKAGE

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
You seem to have achieved what the rest of us are seeking - satisfaction.
If you are happy with what you have, just put on a smug smile and enjoy it.
Seriously though, there must be some lights out there that would catch your eye, but they may not push all the buttons at the same time.
Sorry, too many metaphors. I haven't had my Cornflakes yet.

Peter... I do have several of these lights already, aluminum, titanium, AA and 16340 sizes, so I don't really NEED to buy any more.

I was just wondering if there is a newer version with a better emitter, or something quite similar from another manufacturer, that's newer which might tempt me! ;-)

Berneck1

Enlightened
Yeah, I upgraded to the D3A. If you love the D25A TI, then you'll love the D3A even more. And, the output with 14500 in the D25A is almost the same on the D3A with an Eneloop, which I really like.

I have yet to find an AA/14500 light I like more than the D25A/D3A

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you love the D25A TI, then you'll love the D3A even more. And, the output with 14500 in the D25A is almost the same on the D3A with an Eneloop.

That's impressive. I also will need to take a look!

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, and you can choose emitters as well.
Cree XPL NW and CW, XPL-HI too and 219C IIRC.

I personally chose the XPL NW.
Throws reasonable far, and does so well on an Eneloop Pro that I see no need for a 14500 other than for giggles.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Yep, and you can choose emitters as well.
Cree XPL NW and CW, XPL-HI too and 219C IIRC.

I personally chose the XPL NW.
Throws reasonable far, and does so well on an Eneloop Pro that I see no need for a 14500 other than for giggles.

Yeah, that's what I love about it. I used to use 14500's in my previous D25A versions. However, sometimes when I was traveling I would have to pop in an AA, and was underwhelmed by the performance. Now I can just use cheaper Eneloop Pros and get nice performance, and don't have to worry about caring for Li-ion batteries.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's what I love about it. I used to use 14500's in my previous D25A versions. However, sometimes when I was traveling I would have to pop in an AA, and was underwhelmed by the performance. Now I can just use cheaper Eneloop Pros and get nice performance, and don't have to worry about caring for Li-ion batteries.

That's a pretty cool benefit for those times when you need to run with an Eneloop, or if you just choose to.

Climb14er

Enlightened
I've got both the Ti D25A and the ZL SC52... both are excellent lights! I run both with 14500's and take Alkalines and Eneloops with me when traveling. Both are classic AA lights that will quite frankly, stand the test of time. When I want to carry a more powerful light, I take the SC62 with me. All three lights are downright excellent to carry.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both the Ti D25A and the ZL SC52... both are excellent lights! I run both with 14500's and take Alkalines and Eneloops with me when traveling. Both are classic AA lights that will quite frankly, stand the test of time. When I want to carry a more powerful light, I take the SC62 with me. All three lights are downright excellent to carry.

The SC52 is, indeed, a great and potent light! The D25a seems to carry a little nicer in the pocket, though.

Berneck1

Enlightened
The SC52 is, indeed, a great and potent light! The D25a seems to carry a little nicer in the pocket, though.

Totally agree. The D25A is so slim in the pocket, I have to sometimes check to make sure it's still there.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just tried for the first time a 14500 in my EagleTac D25A Titanium clicky! Sweet sister Jesus trumped up palamena! What a difference. Anyone know how long you can run it for on turbo before the head melts?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, but I'm pretty sure it's DD at this level and will dim before it get too hot!

Welcome to the secret of the 14500 D25a clicky!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lol I've always known I could use one just didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

Latest posts