• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger Parts

Vemice

Enlightened
My first Eiger was several months ago. Since then, I have acquired a few bodies and heads. Along with the parts, I received some "pills". Not being electronically literate, I need some help from time to time.
I received the group below and was wondering if the QTC material (I assume the little black pieces) go into the pill or are the already in there and these are spares.I don['t want to take the pills apart.
Thanks.
UY7abgTl.jpg

LRJ88

Enlightened
My first Eiger was several months ago. Since then, I have acquired a few bodies and heads. Along with the parts, I received some "pills". Not being electronically literate, I need some help from time to time.
I received the group below and was wondering if the QTC material (I assume the little black pieces) go into the pill or are the already in there and these are spares.I don['t want to take the pills apart.
Thanks.
UY7abgTl.jpg

There should already be a piece in there, there was when i got my spares. The little QTC pieces are usually these squares for El Capitan and larger while the cut out part is in Eiger-sized bodies, i reckon whoever had this before you changes them out or decided to get spares. There's an easy way to test it if you have a battery and a multimeter, put the pill against the battery and measure the current, if they already have the QTC in them they should have no current but if you press the pill harder against the battery it'll increase.

TL;DR yeah they're likely all spares.

Vemice

Enlightened
There should already be a piece in there, there was when i got my spares. The little QTC pieces are usually these squares for El Capitan and larger while the cut out part is in Eiger-sized bodies, i reckon whoever had this before you changes them out or decided to get spares. There's an easy way to test it if you have a battery and a multimeter, put the pill against the battery and measure the current, if they already have the QTC in them they should have no current but if you press the pill harder against the battery it'll increase.

TL;DR yeah they're likely all spares.
Thank you.
I will try that.
Actually got them from Robyn at Peak. She threw them in when I bought a bunch of stuff.

Edit: Just tried that and it got full battery current so they must be empty. Don't know why she would send them like that. Pretty much useless for me now.
They don't look like they come apart easily.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
Thank you.
I will try that.
Actually got them from Robyn at Peak. She threw them in when I bought a bunch of stuff.

Edit: Just tried that and it got full battery current so they must be empty. Don't know why she would send them like that. Pretty much useless for me now.
They don't look like they come apart easily.

Could just be to keep them from getting ruined in transfer, they're actually really easy to take apart, find a tube or pipe that you can put around the wider metal part and get good support on the plastic, then use something like a drift pin and gently hammer the small metal piece until the wide part comes out. If you want me to i can try to upload pictures of the process.

Vemice

Enlightened
Just heard from her. The pills have QTC installed. Must have measured wrong. Larger metal side down right?