ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Default AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Post you favorite AAA light and why its your favorite.
    AAA lay on Flickr

Currently my favorite is the Ti tool, with medium as default. I went with xpg led as I wanted 32 lumen first, It is my EDC, so I want it to be reasonably bright on first click.
    For me the 2 most important aspects are UI and feel of the light. The Ti Tool feels right the electronic switch feels right and is easy to use. The K18 UI is fine I even like the memory mode ,but the hold for 1/2 second to turn on bugs me. It is a beautiful looking light. The brass Pineapple is also a nice UI LMH, twisty, again it feels right. I like the tritium slot, filled with blue tritium. The MJP is nice I love that I can program it, but needs more knurling on the front part, its just a bit slippery. I like my N light,2 mode but low first and the switch is a bit hard to reach, its too flush to easily activate. so I added a small magnet.

AAA standin

P1TI lumintop Ti and Preon MKIII with Leatherman CS
    P2 copper by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/144318177@N05/]Paul
    Last edited by Paul6ppca; 05-13-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Will post pics later when able, but...

My current favorites are the Streamlight Protac 2AAA, Streamlight Microstream, Pelican 1920, and the ASP Scribe DF.

I agree about the Lumintop Tool, although I have the basic black ano version. I wondered when I first got the light, but now I'm a fan of the M-L-H UI sequence. For this class of flashlight, it just works.
    I also have a Streamlight Microstream that I have carried for years as a backup EDC. It is just a really reliable light.
    A special niche light is the Sofrin C01. It is a BLF designed light with a Yugi 5mm LED, with a very high CRI, and only puts out about three lumens, but it makes a great bedside light, and also works great as a tool light when working in small spaces like the inside of a PC.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

My Peak Eigers have become my favorites in AAA (or fractions thereof). Just really like the solid feel, build quality and flawless performance.

Love the Peaks and will probably buy one someday. For now my favorite to actually carry is the Olight I3E EOS Copper. 120 lumens of current regulated light for 70 minutes, and barely bigger than the AAA inside it.

A few mm longer and slight larger diameter, the Tain Aurora is a gem to carry at a black tie event.

Default AAA Lights; Post your favorites

My favorite AAA light is this little gem from TNC moded by member *LASER* with a DD driver and a SST-50 LED.

and from my sales thread a few MJP / Arcmanias programmable AAA lights

still my favorites....

changing sigline ...

[QUOTE=Genna;5295422]My favorite AAA light is this little gem from TNC moded by member *LASER* with a DD driver and a SST-50 LED.

Wow whatís the output on the modded TNC?
    Thatís a beauty!

Olight I3E EOS Copper. 120 lumens of current regulated light for 70 minutes, and barely bigger than the AAA inside it.

A few mm longer and slight larger diameter, the Tain Aurora is a gem to carry at a black tie event.
    Last edited by Paul6ppca; 05-13-2019 at 07:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Paul6ppca;5295499]
    Quote Originally Posted by Genna View Post
    My favorite AAA light is this little gem from TNC moded by member *LASER* with a DD driver and a SST-50 LED.

Wow whatís the output on the modded TNC?
    Thatís a beauty!
    1000 Lumens with a full cell. Thank you!

Any other older or unusual AAA lights or comments on new preons?

I am in love with my Manker E02 these days!

Just a handy little light and with the Head Band and Magnet in tail I have been sing it everywhere!

I think my favorite feature is the easily selected Moonlight Low mode where you can pick from 22 levels at any time,I love me some Moonlight!

Last edited by AVService; 03-26-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Still love my E01 and this little Olight has been surprisingly good to me. Olight mainly sees keychain duty but on occasion I pull him off and use him around the house.
    Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Frelux Synergy 2xAAA. I am a huge fan of the SxS format but it is largely served by pretty poor lights in the production market. Frelux has made a simple but very useful 2xAAA SxS light with an ambidextrous clip, nice positive clicky that is easily replaceable, and switchable body parts for color matching/patterns if desired. I've got a R9080 SW35 219B in mine that is just dreamy. The LMH driver is straightforward and always comes on low which is a must IMO, and the levels are well chosen with high yielding an hour of runtime and being plenty bright for 90%+ of tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    Frelux Synergy 2xAAA.
    cool, how much does it weigh?

my favorite single AAA, Lumintop Copper Tool w Eswitch (massdrop), modded to N219b 4500k 9080:
    pictured in the middle:

Tool carry weight w clip and Eneloop is 48 grams

I actually EDC the Brass Folomov C1 (not AAA, its 10440)
    pictured in the middle

Folomov carry weight w 10440 and no clip is 33 grams

beam colors, Folomov is second from left, Copper Tool is second from right

Here are the AAA lights that I currently own. The Prometheus and ReyLight get the most use. The ReyLight Mini Pineapple is my favorite of the bunch.

Flashaholic

Frelux Synergy 2xAAA. I am a huge fan of the SxS format but it is largely served by pretty poor lights in the production market. Frelux has made a simple but very useful 2xAAA SxS light with an ambidextrous clip, nice positive clicky that is easily replaceable, and switchable body parts for color matching/patterns if desired. I've got a R9080 SW35 219B in mine that is just dreamy. The LMH driver is straightforward and always comes on low which is a must IMO, and the levels are well chosen with high yielding an hour of runtime and being plenty bright for 90%+ of tasks.

Two thumbs up in agreement! I absolutely love mine. As others have also mentioned the 'fit and finish' is superb - it feels great to use, good mode levels, and all that has been said in this post.

That is on my list. I would like to have MLH or programmable. How do you like caring it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
    Here are the AAA lights that I currently own. The Prometheus and ReyLight get the most use. The ReyLight Mini Pineapple is my favorite of the bunch.

I also have pineapple with blue tritium in tail
    I really like the feel and weight of it. Great tint.
    A bargain at $25. Itís between this and my new Ti tool that get carried most. In this size like I like medium mode first for most uses. The tool is 32lumen medium. I guess after getting used to the Fenix on my keychain for so many years I like medium!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6ppca View Post
    That is on my list. I would like to have MLH or programmable. How do you like caring it?
    It is delightful to carry and draw, either shirt pocket or pants pocket. Most days it is by far my most used light. The older lights have the MLH driver. The general consensus with which I happen to agree is that LMH is the better order and it is what is used on newer lights. The mode spacing is also better on the LMH version. That said, I'd happily take a MLH version over not having one, it is the only light that is a suitable companion light to carry with my Spy 005.

I don't mind the MLH as much as I thought I might. I also find it interesting that the mode spacing "seems" better when used outdoors than inside.
    Last edited by archimedes; 03-26-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Maratac in every metal they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I don't mind the MLH as much as I thought I might.
    looks like a fun light

I prefer the MLH in my Lumintop Copper tool, to the LMH in my massdrop copper tool

Thanks for the 90 gram carry weight info, presumably eneloop

the 2x AAA Synergy is similar in weight to carrying two copper tools, also w eneloop :-)

and similar in cost to four copper tools from massdrop
    Last edited by jon_slider; 03-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    Thanks for the 90 gram carry weight info, presumably eneloop

the 2x AAA Synergy is similar in weight to carrying two copper tools, also w eneloop :-)
    Yes, containing 2x AAA eneloop
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Yes, containing 2x AAA eneloop
    that sounds like a really nice form factor, with an impressive power capacity, great ergonomics, build quality, design and hand feel.. whats not to like?

wait, now I made me want one

...seeking an objection..
    ok good, I found one

if only it had a rotary dial.. lol

thank you all for sharing info and the great photos

For me, itís still the Fenix E01 ó warts and all.

To be fair, my expectations of 1xAAA are pretty low. To me these are backup lights; which means that reliability, simplicity, and cost are prioritized.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    that sounds like a really nice form factor, with an impressive power capacity, great ergonomics, build quality, design and hand feel.. whats not to like?

wait, now I made me want one

...seeking an objection..
    ok good, I found one

if only it had a rotary dial.. lol

thank you all for sharing info and the great photos
    lol, ignoring the additional cost of having a custom driver designed and implemented, people would probably boycott it as a Spy clone then. Admittedly I'd prefer a rotary too, but the reverse clicky works well

For me it's Thrunite TI3 and TI3 ​​ti and maybe the Maratac AAA Cu with MTN driver + guppydrv

I only have 4....

Thrunite TiS (stainless version of the Ti3)
    Sofirn C01 (in 3200K)
    Yuji Modded Dorcy AAA penlight
    Last edited by LeanBurn; 03-28-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

"New Math"?

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    I only have 4....

Thrunite TiS (stainless version of the Ti3)
    Sofirn C01 (in 3200K)
    Yuji Modded Dorcy AAA penlight

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast