AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post you favorite AAA light and why its your favorite.
AAA lay on Flickr

Currently my favorite is the Ti tool, with medium as default. I went with xpg led as I wanted 32 lumen first, It is my EDC, so I want it to be reasonably bright on first click.
For me the 2 most important aspects are UI and feel of the light. The Ti Tool feels right the electronic switch feels right and is easy to use. The K18 UI is fine I even like the memory mode ,but the hold for 1/2 second to turn on bugs me. It is a beautiful looking light. The brass Pineapple is also a nice UI LMH, twisty, again it feels right. I like the tritium slot, filled with blue tritium. The MJP is nice I love that I can program it, but needs more knurling on the front part, its just a bit slippery. I like my N light,2 mode but low first and the switch is a bit hard to reach, its too flush to easily activate. so I added a small magnet.

AAA standin

P1TI lumintop Ti and Preon MKIII with Leatherman CS
P2 copper by Paul

Last edited:

Nephron44

Enlightened
Will post pics later when able, but...

My current favorites are the Streamlight Protac 2AAA, Streamlight Microstream, Pelican 1920, and the ASP Scribe DF.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree about the Lumintop Tool, although I have the basic black ano version. I wondered when I first got the light, but now I'm a fan of the M-L-H UI sequence. For this class of flashlight, it just works.
I also have a Streamlight Microstream that I have carried for years as a backup EDC. It is just a really reliable light.
A special niche light is the Sofrin C01. It is a BLF designed light with a Yugi 5mm LED, with a very high CRI, and only puts out about three lumens, but it makes a great bedside light, and also works great as a tool light when working in small spaces like the inside of a PC.

Vemice

Enlightened
My Peak Eigers have become my favorites in AAA (or fractions thereof). Just really like the solid feel, build quality and flawless performance.

PrbOEEbl.jpg

Love the Peaks and will probably buy one someday. For now my favorite to actually carry is the Olight I3E EOS Copper. 120 lumens of current regulated light for 70 minutes, and barely bigger than the AAA inside it.

OLIGHT_I3E_EOS_CU.jpg

A few mm longer and slight larger diameter, the Tain Aurora is a gem to carry at a black tie event. :D
EDC%20Light%20and%20Knife.jpg

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite AAA light is this little gem from TNC moded by member *LASER* with a DD driver and a SST-50 LED.

529c991c62bab0477b8dc3a47858930b.jpg

7d4595272c83e677a2ee6d9d0d1d1f42.jpg

and from my sales thread a few MJP / Arcmanias programmable AAA lights

b2c677c491675c169f486e49dab8a6b6.jpg

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight I3E EOS Copper. 120 lumens of current regulated light for 70 minutes, and barely bigger than the AAA inside it.

A few mm longer and slight larger diameter, the Tain Aurora is a gem to carry at a black tie event.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any other older or unusual AAA lights or comments on new preons?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in love with my Manker E02 these days!

Just a handy little light and with the Head Band and Magnet in tail I have been sing it everywhere!

I think my favorite feature is the easily selected Moonlight Low mode where you can pick from 22 levels at any time,I love me some Moonlight!:cool:

32df9722a558212d9231088a78ec0251.jpg

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still love my E01 and this little Olight has been surprisingly good to me. Olight mainly sees keychain duty but on occasion I pull him off and use him around the house.
Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frelux Synergy 2xAAA. I am a huge fan of the SxS format but it is largely served by pretty poor lights in the production market. Frelux has made a simple but very useful 2xAAA SxS light with an ambidextrous clip, nice positive clicky that is easily replaceable, and switchable body parts for color matching/patterns if desired. I've got a R9080 SW35 219B in mine that is just dreamy. The LMH driver is straightforward and always comes on low which is a must IMO, and the levels are well chosen with high yielding an hour of runtime and being plenty bright for 90%+ of tasks.

7hGqAwu.jpg
si6JZ2A.jpg
DYJic8X.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frelux Synergy 2xAAA.

cool, how much does it weigh?

my favorite single AAA, Lumintop Copper Tool w Eswitch (massdrop), modded to N219b 4500k 9080:
pictured in the middle:
Q4MTgtX.jpg

Tool carry weight w clip and Eneloop is 48 grams

I actually EDC the Brass Folomov C1 (not AAA, its 10440)
pictured in the middle
lWV3xW1.png

Folomov carry weight w 10440 and no clip is 33 grams

beam colors, Folomov is second from left, Copper Tool is second from right
gSWTuNM.png

Stormbringer

Newly Enlightened
Here are the AAA lights that I currently own. The Prometheus and ReyLight get the most use. The ReyLight Mini Pineapple is my favorite of the bunch.

kV5xdip.jpg

phosphor22

Enlightened
Frelux Synergy 2xAAA. I am a huge fan of the SxS format but it is largely served by pretty poor lights in the production market. Frelux has made a simple but very useful 2xAAA SxS light with an ambidextrous clip, nice positive clicky that is easily replaceable, and switchable body parts for color matching/patterns if desired. I've got a R9080 SW35 219B in mine that is just dreamy. The LMH driver is straightforward and always comes on low which is a must IMO, and the levels are well chosen with high yielding an hour of runtime and being plenty bright for 90%+ of tasks.

7hGqAwu.jpg
si6JZ2A.jpg
DYJic8X.jpg

Two thumbs up in agreement! I absolutely love mine. As others have also mentioned the 'fit and finish' is superb - it feels great to use, good mode levels, and all that has been said in this post.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

7hGqAwu.jpg
si6JZ2A.jpg
DYJic8X.jpg

That is on my list. I would like to have MLH or programmable. How do you like caring it?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the AAA lights that I currently own. The Prometheus and ReyLight get the most use. The ReyLight Mini Pineapple is my favorite of the bunch.

kV5xdip.jpg

I also have pineapple with blue tritium in tail
I really like the feel and weight of it. Great tint.
A bargain at $25. It's between this and my new Ti tool that get carried most. In this size like I like medium mode first for most uses. The tool is 32lumen medium. I guess after getting used to the Fenix on my keychain for so many years I like medium!

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is on my list. I would like to have MLH or programmable. How do you like caring it?

It is delightful to carry and draw, either shirt pocket or pants pocket. Most days it is by far my most used light. The older lights have the MLH driver. The general consensus with which I happen to agree is that LMH is the better order and it is what is used on newer lights. The mode spacing is also better on the LMH version. That said, I'd happily take a MLH version over not having one, it is the only light that is a suitable companion light to carry with my Spy 005.