Prometheus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emisar D18

Default Re: Emisar D18

I might be possible to swap in different optics in the D18.

It uses 18 individual optics rather than a single-piece custom optic. If you can find optics of similar size, it should be possible to swap.

Light arrived today Very pleased with the quality and the finish. It's flawless as far as I can see.No idea on the UI yet. Need to study lol!Tint as expected is a little green at low-mid outputs but I don't think I'm too bothered. I could always put a filter on if I decide to. Max output is blinding. At 10000 lumens it's the brightest light I've owned by a decent margin. Tried it in the garden, love the colour temp and tint when on high/max. Just looks beautiful.Just very pleased. Great light. New favourite.I've done a first thoughts video, It's uploading now. Not detailed, just a bit of waffle and a look At The light.Edit and update- my laptop updated overnight and interrupted upload, I will try again tonight.Still need to buy a meteor again though, its a classic.
    Last edited by torchsarecool; 04-09-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    My channel - Torchesarecool UK

Finally got the beamshot video done. Late night last night. here you go....

Flashaholic

Great beamshot video. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    Great beamshot video. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks

Flashaholic

Do you happen to have an M43? Would love to hear your feedback between the two lights especially around beam profile.

I ordered one with XP-L Hi 4000k V2 5D. Hoping it is a winning combo and tint below the BBL

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    Do you happen to have an M43? Would love to hear your feedback between the two lights especially around beam profile.
    I don't currently have an m43 sorry. I have to keep selling my lights on to fund more to keep reviews fresh. Downside is I struggle to do comparison videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    I ordered one with XP-L Hi 4000k V2 5D. Hoping it is a winning combo and tint below the BBL
    I think you've gone for the best choice there. These are stunning little lights

Quote Originally Posted by torchsarecool View Post
    I think you've gone for the best choice there. These are stunning little lights
    Hoping it works out well. Not sure when to expect it though.

Quote Originally Posted by torchsarecool View Post
    Finally got the beamshot video done. Late night last night. here you go....
    Thanks for the video! What LED did you get?

No problem, I enjoyed making it (although you do feel a little conspicuous walking around parks in the dark with a searchlight beaming away, lol)

mine has SST-20 4000k leds so has the reduced output of 10000 lumens. The beam is beautiful though, very easy on the eyes. I'd love to try the 6500k just to see the difference in output

My D18 arrived today. Gold color with 4000K 95 CRI SST20 (same as in the above video). the high CRI one is 10k lumens, the 5000K and 6500K versions are 14k lumens.

At 10,000 this should be my brightest light. Now just need to get home from work...

Tested out my 4000K high-CRI D18 last night. My initial impressions:

- blindingly bright. Much brighter than my ROT66 (219B) my Q8, or my M43.
    - compact solid shape
    - excellent knurling. Feels very secure in the hand... much more so than ROT66.
    - excellent build quality
    - excellent UI

I think Emisar did a great job with this one.
    Last edited by Fireclaw18; 04-17-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Nice summary fireclaw
    I don't think anything else offers the same value for money all things considered

Yap. I got the d18 sst20 6500k.. it is twice brighter than rot66 xpl hi.. d18 is cool.. 14000 lumen OTF.. it is pushing 10,000 to 11,000 lumen when the 18650 were 3.7v.. couldnt ask for more. Emisar never failed on me. Great quality light!

but it steps down kinda fast from highest ? like less then 30 seconds or so ? its shame no aux leds i like it on d4s and ff e07. But u get tons of lumens for 100$, i just wish it could sustain highest for atleast like 2 minutes or something its too big drop otherwise too fast..

Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    but it steps down kinda fast from highest ? like less then 30 seconds or so ? its shame no aux leds i like it on d4s and ff e07. But u get tons of lumens for 100$, i just wish it could sustain highest for atleast like 2 minutes or something its too big drop otherwise too fast..
    LED thermal ruggedness has improved markedly in recent years, but unless you want a light that's the mass of a compact fire extinguisher with active cooling, stepdown is inevitable with >100W power dissipation in such a small package - this is the nature of Emisar lights.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    LED thermal ruggedness has improved markedly in recent years, but unless you want a light that's the mass of a compact fire extinguisher with active cooling, stepdown is inevitable with >100W power dissipation in such a small package - this is the nature of Emisar lights.
    In your right hand you hold the light with it on in Turbo.
    In your left hand you hold a squirt bottle filled with water set to mist mode. Every 10 seconds or so give the heat sink fins a squirt. Evaporation should give you much extended turbo time!

If you run out of water you could try spitting on the heat sink fins. Or licking them (though that might cause ouchy if too hot)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    In your left hand you hold a squirt bottle filled with water set to mist mode. Every 10 seconds or so give the heat sink fins a squirt. Evaporation should give you much extended turbo time!

If you run out of water you could try spitting on the heat sink fins. Or licking them (though that might cause ouchy if too hot)
    Licking is stupid. Unless youíve been eating you donít have that much saliva.

Now urinating on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchstolelights View Post
    Licking is stupid. Unless youíve been eating you donít have that much saliva.

Now urinating on it...
    That sounds like an effective way to increase runtime.

However, before trying any of these tips I recommend you inspect and if necessary lubricate all the o-rings on the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    This sounds like the whole "hold the flashlight in one hand and hold the other in an airstream (or wave it around) so your blood acts as coolant" joke from ~10 years ago. Only it's markedly more likely to work.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    I respect your opinion.. i like this d18 without aux led. Can you point out any light around this size that can stand 2 minutes 10000 lumen ?

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    This sounds like the whole "hold the flashlight in one hand and hold the other in an airstream (or wave it around) so your blood acts as coolant" joke from ~10 years ago. Only it's markedly more likely to work.
    I donít get why people have to reinvent the wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12