Sigma Customs: Vega

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys, here is a project I've been working on lately, this is an outgrowth of the Nova styling with the intent of implementing my favorite switch, the McClicky switch, and popular McGizmo pattern screw-on clips. The 14500 cell has grown on me and become my favorite carry Li-Ion cell for EDC, slimmer and more comfortable than typical 18350 setups with more grip length available for easier and more positive grip. This light uses the excellent and punchy McR-18 reflector which provides quite a throwy hotspot and a very wide and useful spill. The LD-A4 constant current driver is used here in its 3A configuration. The threading has been modified from the Nova pattern to a slightly larger custom sizing to simplify the head construction, without compromising the fins on the head. The bores are also reamed and honed for a delightful smooth finish. The selection of 14500 cells has improved a bit and now we have the excellent 650mAh Efest for high drain applications and the 1000mAh Vapcell for longer runtime on low and medium modes.

25mm OD head, 20mm OD grip, 105mm nominal length

While most of my lights are listed via my FB group these days, I hope to have some Vega lights to list here on CPF for you guys soon as well.

Brushed titanium w/ Oveready SS Al-TiN coated clip
J9ce24k.jpg

EHozWKy.jpg

22mm OD tail, 4-40 x 3/16" screws shown, 1/8" screws mount flush
NLFHCo3.jpg

LD-A4 driver w/ copper positive contact
FeB1jN9.jpg

Complete head assembly
hrJX58v.jpg

Shiny smooth bore
5Eq4hCq.jpg

Quick size comparisons
MGIgeuO.jpg

Beamshot, spill focused
EmoRyiB.jpg

Beamshot, hotspot focused
VyPapP4.jpg

Vega vs Nova models, the Vega is a few mm longer with a McClicky vs the Peak momentary plunger
6LcnWgr.png

Last edited:

Latest posts