Malkoff        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What was your prep for today?

Default Re: What was your prep for today?

Technically not today.... But for Christmas I ordered a bunch of titanium cook pots, and titanium cups to pretty much custom design the ultimate one-person titanium cook kit when I'm done playing around with everything in a variety of different combinations. What am I going to do with all the left-over ones? Give a couple away, keep the rest as extra cook kits. Maybe give a couple more to friends. We'll see. But I'll be sure to show off the legoed winner at a future time in this thread, if my phone cooperates.

And yes, I already have a perfectly customized two-person titanium cook kit I put together.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic

Sounds awesome. And pricey lol. Can't wait to see!

Quote Originally Posted by bignc View Post
    Sounds awesome. And pricey lol. Can't wait to see!

Yes, very pricey.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

We prep'd for Christmas rubish my downsizing everything this year. The kids had a blast crushing cans. I showed them how you can stand on one, poke it on the sides and have it instantly fold into a compact format. Wrapping paper was folded instead of balled up, leftover food left in styrofoam doggy containers and plastic bottles were run over by my truck (while the kids crushed cans).
    In the spare room was a portable generator in case the power went out and things that needed to be chilled or remain cold were stored outdoors in the cold to save on ice use or electricity used when the refrigerator door keeps opening. My tree hugger family members were impressed and learned a few tricks. Boxes were all collapsed and some went home with others to use for storing kids toys when they get bored with them. While the neighbors cans on the street were over flowing ours was only half full.

Typically at most homes folks use plastic cups that are all the same color. "Hey, Johnnie is drinking my drink" little Jane wails to mommy. We had accumulated several colors over the last few years so nobody had the same color cup as anybody else as the stack was already sorted in individual colors. If two kids wanted purple Uncle Fixer whipped out a secret stash and made the child promise not to get their drink mixed up with their little cousins.

But my favorite prep was loading up on vitamin C with a product called Emergen-C to thwart all of the germs the little kids share each year. I tried to advise Mrs Fixer to join me in that. Well today she's sorry she didn't.
    John 3:16

Yikes! Hopefully whatever bug it is passes quickly. I've been in and out of our local hospital since Christmas (visiting) and knock on wood have stayed healthy. Lots of hand sanitizer and actually wore a mask once into the waiting room when it was crowded. Which led me to buy another box of N95 masks for home. Also, some metal rat traps to add to my zombie stash.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

My prep today was buy duct tape, cord and e3000 glue with Christmas money.

Oil for the generator, plugs and filters for the lawn equipment and fresh fuel for spare tanks.
    John 3:16

Ran one of my Honda generators for an hour today, and a backup "woobie" poncho liner showed up in the mail...

Circumstances aligned and only upon deciding to gas up the third and final household car did I ponder geopolitics when weighing the decision: this morning out of necessity, this evening the other vehicle out of necessity (better now than in the morning on the way to work), and later this evening the SO's vehicle upon discussing events that may lead to difficulties transiting the Straits of Hormuz.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Idleprocess- Along your lines, I went this morning and filled my empty cans with ethanol free fuel and topped off my truck. Better safe than sorry.. 🙂

In preparation for winter, I threw a sleeping bag into the trunk of my car.

Without the engine running for heat, a car can get very cold very quickly. A sleeping bag traps heat more effectively than a throw blanket. I also have a few fleece pull-overs that have saved the day many times. Last year, I added a pair of insulated gortex bibs, and the previous years 3 season parker that is also gortex lined.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

I have over the counter medicine refills on the way for two of my FAK's. I'm embarassed how out of date they were. Also bought a bigger bag, a Condor 3 day. It's not a Maxpedition, but for what I need it for it'll work just fine.

Just a Heads-Up --

One well-known flashlight manufacturer in China
    has reported that due to Corona Virus,
    many factories are shut down.

Future production will be delayed by this.

I'm sure this applies to OTHER critical items,
    besides flashlights !

Be Advised . . . .

Zebralight returned their production yesterday.

Yes, many factories are not operating or under normal circumstances, so the supply chain will be lower for a while.

Prep for the day was buying more toilet paper to stock, it was on sale at the supermarket.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

T.P. is always a good prep. My local supermarket has canned veggies on sale with Dec. 2022 "best by" dates. After talking with Mrs. Scout, I'm going to head over later today...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345