Imalent        
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: What was your prep for today?

Default Re: What was your prep for today?

Preparing to go where knives are NOT allowed.
    I took the utility blade out of my Gerber EAB that doubles as a money clip as my EDC.

Before:

and After:

My Grand Kids call me Poppy

I'm putting together a garbage can faraday cage. One of the six gallon galvanized Behrens brand cans. I need to store electronic stuff somewhere, may as well be in a protective enclosure. AM/FM/SW radio, small foldup solar panel, a small pile of Eneloops, a couple AA chargers, my backup Li-Ion charger, a few FRS radios, a Steri-pen water purifier, a handheld CB radio, a couple of flashlights, and a spare charge controller for my 25w fixed solar panel. Can is lined with plastic, and there's a few sellers of compressible conductive gaskets for the cans. Easy to carry and store, and theoretically safe storage.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

You're more prepped than I, but might you consider adding a bag of desiccant in there?

Good idea on the dessicant. The can will be essentially sealed, if not 100% airtight. I'll see how much room I have left, lol.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Got a Milwaukee top off inverter for blackouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    Got a Milwaukee top off inverter for blackouts.
    Nice!

A week after I got my second shot, I hopped onto a plane to go visit my Dad who is a snow bird. He only had two power failure lights left of the few I had given him in the past. One wasn't working, except as a night light, and the other was not plugged into a wall outlet, because he likes to use it as a plug into the wall rechargeable flashlight.

So Amazon to the rescue! Two replacements arrived yesterday. I threw the bad one out, and plugged a new one into the central room of the house (it has a nice open floor plan, so only one is needed), and I plugged the other one, out in the garage.

Flashaholic*

Uh oh...
    Getting a bit ahead of myself, but that's what prep is.
    I quit mountain biking due to a bunch of degenerated discs, bulging discs, bone spurs, a cracked vertebrae, all that good stuff, but it's something I'm having a hard time doing without.
    Maybe I can still do this if I avoid the rough trails, instead of seeking them out, and stick to the smoother, faster ones.
    Only one way to find out...

Servicing the shock and fork are gonna be a big enough PITA, already, but I sold off a NIB drivetrain, some other parts, and a bunch of specialty tools a while back, and may end up buying most of that stuff all over again.
    Mountain biking is non-stop adventure, though. It's like having your own roller coaster!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112