Dereelight Javelin

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So about a month ago I ordered a Dereelight Javelin off their own website and I gotta say I am fairly disappointed. I was looking for a nice option to host P60's in a 2AA format (my Surefire C3 got me hooked on that configuration) and there was a lot of positive talk about Dereelight. In fact, their customer support has been top notch in the past and I was very happy with one of their P60's I ran in a weapons light. Unfortunately this Javelin doesn't live up to the hype.

Its definitely a good looking host from the outside, and all threads, machine work and anodizing looks great. The problem is with function. To keep it simple I'll just make a list
1. Battery tube is a couple MM too short for 2AA format. Yes it fits, but results in both the pill and tailcap springs being completely compressed as the tube is just long enough for the batteries.
2. Tailcap o-ring is mismatched and gets pressed out of place. All the o-rings seem to be a nice silicone except this one which is a black rubber. Doesn't ride into the tailcap but gets even so slightly squished out of place. Even with fresh lube.
3. Bezel might be missing an o-ring. Tailcap and body to head threads both have dual o-rings. There is a slot for dual o-rings on the bezel but it only has one...
4. Poor shipping. They didnt even ship the light out for 6 days after it was placed. Even that required me to email with an update request.
5. Actually, let me drop down and bold this one...

5. It doesn't work very well with P60 modules. Yep, you heard me right. This light doesn't work well with either my Malkoff M31W nor some other Chinese drop ins. Yes I can MAKE it work, but it requires the bezel being tightened down rather quite tight, with all that tightening pressure exerted completely on the glass lens. And even then I can get it to lose contact slapping it in my hand.

Overall, I'm quite surprised as this doesn't align with what I have read here about Dereelight. Is their day past? I guess I'll shoot an email out as they have been very responsive in the past but I'm quite disappointed at this time. I was looking forward to a high quality, somewhat unique host to match my high quality Malkoff but it seems I'm left wanting. Guess the old C3-HAIII will have to do for now!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A few years back, we had "Flavor of the Month" brands. We still get a few of those. But not nearly as common or often as it used to be. I remember thinking Olight was going to be one of those brands, but surprise, surprise.... Olight has definitely put in the effort to become one of the better brands out there in the industry.

I also recall thinking Dereelight would be one of the success stories. Just had a feeling it would be one of the brands to stick around and get better. But what do I know? I actually still have my Dereelight CL1H V3.0 in a storage box sitting behind me somewhere. Haven't used it in years. Was my main EDC light for a short time. Still works. But nothing special. Sadly, Dereelight hasn't be relevant in years! They did zero with their initial success on CPF.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did a closet inspection and I've figured out why it doesn't seem to work so great. The ledge which the drop in rests on in anodized. There is a spring perch higher up which is not anodized but the dimensions are all wrong- at least for use with any of the p60's I have- to use a spring with the included bezel.

Any suggestions on removing ano from a very small, internal area?