Sky Lumen        

Thread: XTAR PB2 Handheld Portable Charger, Usable as a charger or power .

Default XTAR PB2 Handheld Portable Charger, Usable as a charger or power .

[/IMG]

Usable as a charger or power bank.Smartphones, MP3Player or battery charger with built-in recharge batteries on the go.

FEATURE:

The Revolution of Traditional Charger.

Used as a power bank:

• Max 2.1A USB output, fully charge Iphone 7 Plus in 2hrs.
    • Protect our environment with replaceable batteries design, control the quality of the cells yourself and DIY the capacity of your mini power bank up to 7000mAh+.
    • Battery charge & discharge balancing technology makes all of capacity available for use and increase each cell’s longevity.
    • Conversion efficiency up to 92%.
    • Hand-held portable charger with magnetic cover design, fast charge your USB devices and all kinds of cell phones anywhere anytime.

Used as a battery charger:

• Max real 2Ax1/1Ax2 charge current, fully charge 1x2500mAh 18650 in 1.5hrs or 2x2500mAh 18650 in 3hrs.
    • Equipped with all XTAR unique features like 0V Activation function revives over-discharged batteries, TC/CC/CV three-stage charging maximizes battery lifespan, multi-protections and so on.

Offical Website: XTAR|Battery&Charger&Flashlight
    Email: info@xtar.cc
    XTAR Facebook page: Shenzhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd
    XTAR Group: XTAR Good Times
    XTAR's official shop of Alibaba

Default Re: XTAR PB2 Handheld Portable Charger, Usable as a charger or power .

Quote Originally Posted by XTAR Light View Post
    Used as a power bank:
    • Max 2.1A USB output, fully charge Iphone 7 Plus in 2hrs.
    Is this an improved version of the PB2? Only, neither of my models will charge my iPhone 5c to more than 90% with the previously fully charged PB2 showing 72% on two 3500mah cells.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Question: if I leave two 18650 batteries inside for a long time, as emergency power bank in a bag, will the batteries discharge?
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

From HKJ's review...

Measurements

• Power consumption from usb when idle with no batteries is 9mA
    • Will charge one battery with 2A
    • Will charge two batteries with down to 1A on each (Lowest voltage will get more current)
    • Will discharge a full battery with about 0.5mA when powered.
    • Will discharge a full battery with about 0.1mA when not powered.
    • Below 0.5V the charger will report error
    • Between 0.5 and 3V the charger will charge with low current (200-300mA)
    • Above 3V the charger will use full current.
    • Will not restart charging if voltage drops.
    • Will restart charging if battery is inserted.

P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Oh... this is a big NO GO for me.

It's not that bad, at 0.1ma drain it would take a 2500mah cell about 1000 days to fully discharge.
    P

I may think about getting one.

The idea in itself is not new, using a charger as a powerbank.
    On the other hand, the chosen solution is very elegant

These are excellent devices, but I would like to know if this is a new model as in my previous.
    P

I've been using mine for backpacking. I just like the ability to use my own cells instead of a sealed pack. The life remaining in numbers vs. random dots or bars sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Is this an improved version of the PB2? Only, neither of my models will charge my iPhone 5c to more than 90% with the previously fully charged PB2 showing 72% on two 3500mah cells.
    P

My iPhone 8 does something like this. Quits around 85% or so. I have to unplug it and start again and it seems to work.
    GOOD TINT!

I think it's when the phone's current draw drops below a certain level and the charger cuts off.
    It's just that they stated at the top that it does a full charge on an iPhone 7 plus. So I wondered if this is a newer model that the ones I have.

P

P
    You mean that when you consume 72% of the 2 batteries, but the iPhone 5C is only charged 90%?

Correct. It's the same with both my PB2s and both my Iphones.
    Others on here have found similar.
    P

All charged up for my next backpacking trip tomorrow!
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LED View Post
    Question: if I leave two 18650 batteries inside for a long time, as emergency power bank in a bag, will the batteries discharge?
    Self-discharge will occur regardless of whether the battery is placed in PB2, so I suggest you take the battery out when you are not using it.

From HKJ's review...

Measurements

• Power consumption from usb when idle with no batteries is 9mA
    • Will charge one battery with 2A
    • Will charge two batteries with down to 1A on each (Lowest voltage will get more current)
    • Will discharge a full battery with about 0.5mA when powered.
    • Will discharge a full battery with about 0.1mA when not powered.
    • Below 0.5V the charger will report error
    • Between 0.5 and 3V the charger will charge with low current (200-300mA)
    • Above 3V the charger will use full current.
    • Will not restart charging if voltage drops.
    • Will restart charging if battery is inserted.

P
    Yes, You're right.

These are excellent devices, but I would like to know if this is a new model as in my previous.
    P
    For now, this is still an old model, and the new model will appear at the shenzhen e-cigarette exhibition on April 14th.

It's not that bad, at 0.1ma drain it would take a 2500mah cell about 1000 days to fully discharge.
    P
    Yes, It is normal for high quality batteries.

Can both protected and unprotected cells be used in this item?

No, protected won't fit. Flat top IMR only.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenwolf View Post
    Ehh, it not fit with the protected 18650 batteies. Just with the unprotected batteries.
    Last edited by XTAR Light; 05-05-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I've been using mine for backpacking. I just like the ability to use my own cells instead of a sealed pack. The life remaining in numbers vs. random dots or bars sealed the deal.My iPhone 8 does something like this. Quits around 85% or so. I have to unplug it and start again and it seems to work.

?????

I am very interested in the XTAR PB2, but actually it can not charge a small device like a mp3 player or small headlamp due to cut off charging below 290mA (HKJ Test/Review).
    Will this be improved in a newer version?

Could it also use 18650 batteries until 3.0V? At the moment, it cuts off working at a higher voltage (3.2V) which is fine for the batteries, but there is left some power which could be used to charge devices :-)

Thank you for any advices,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenwolf View Post
    It fit for the unprotected 18650 battery.