Does it exist - single mode, clicky, cr123???

Revcov

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for something along the lines of an updated Surefire 3P - a single mode, clicky, single cell CR123. Any suggestions or options? I looked at the Surefire/HSP D3FT and considered it but the cost is HIGH. Thoughts?

parametrek

Enlightened
Other 1xCR123A lights that can also be configured for single mode are the Armytek Partner C1 and Eagletac D25C Clicky and Pelican 7110.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Devices. Choose an M31 series drop in. (There may be high CRI options available from Illumination Supply). Add a VME head and a 1CR123 battery tube. Not sure what your price range is, though. I would not consider this option to be budget friendly. Well worth the cost, IMHO.

zeroair

Newly Enlightened
BOSS 35 can run from a single CR123, and be programmed for a single mode.

Lumen83

Enlightened
You can get a single cell host with a clicky tailcap. Solarforce makes the one I have. And then get the led drop in of your choice.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
You can get a solarforce L2M and run it in a 3p configuration. Add a programmable p60 dropin from Pflexpro or Mountain Electronics and you have a light that can run on single mode at your desired output level.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for something along the lines of an updated Surefire 3P - a single mode, clicky, single cell CR123. Any suggestions or options? I looked at the Surefire/HSP D3FT and considered it but the cost is HIGH. Thoughts?

Sunwayman V11R is pretty awesome. Although the Solarforce host could be used with a better drop-in either from Sportac, Malkoff or a custom built one you could also get something that has more options. Personally I prefer the modern lights that have more than just "on" or "off" not that I like the super complicated UIs of some of the more exotic lights...but just having an option for more than just max output is nice, even if it doesn't get much use.

bignc

Enlightened
I have a malkoff Mdc SHO- stands for Malkoff Daily Carry Single High Output. It is a bright white - no blue or green in mine and $113.99 but lots of 20% off coupons. I have several different types of single cr123 body with the vme head and several drop ins with various tints, outputs and runtimes. ALL single mode... If patient, this can be cheaper than the SHO. If you want more options than that, you can also use a Malkoff "scout" head that has greater throw and output- you can even set up a light that runs on rcr123! Lots of options!

SAMI188

Newly Enlightened
I've seen this light from Tacware; takes single CR123 and offers a mode selector dial.. so simple on/off in your mode of choice. (looks like two versions offered, a 2xCR123 900 lumen, and a 1xCR123 330 lumen)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
This is a hard one. Most lights with memory mode can be setup as a single mode light so honestly I would go there. With the exception of a Malkoff project I can't think if any other. I think Solarforce has 1XCR123/18350 bodies then a drop in could be added like a Malkoff M31 though will would need an extra outer spring etc. A 3p setup is hard to come by. A MD1 is really a custom thing. I have this setup. M31LL in MD1 with clicky. It's the upper light.

eOEaXk2.jpg

davemp

Newly Enlightened
The streamlight ProTac iL/1AA is one fine light. Can also run on AAA if needed. davemp

Latest posts