Maglite colors....???

Mr.Mag

Newly Enlightened
I had a good friend of mine who used to work at a big box store some years ago and he once told me and he swore by it that certain mag lite colors were pushed out to certain box stores. Is there any truth to this? I do remember once reading somewhere online (not on CPF) that Target stores for a moment were the only ones who got the copper color "D" lights for resale. Was just wondering if there was/is any truth to this. Thanks...

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: Mag lite colors....???

Action Lights had the copper color for some time years ago; if you're just looking to buy a copy, there's probably a few guys here who have one lying around.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag lite colors....???

Hey, yes, still here although not as much as I'd like to be. You guys are way more fun than the folks on the motorcycle forum I go to!!

To answer your question, yes, large retailers did get special finishes. I was never able to pin down exactly which retailers got which finishes but I believe Target got Jade and Home Depot got Orange. Walmart may have gotten Jade or Lime Green. I think Copper and Pewter were standard finishes that are just now discontinued as they were sold in many stores. I don't know anyone who worked at Mag during this time period so I was never able to officially confirm but that's what I've heard from other collectors.

During the early 2000s was really Mags hey day. They were selling 10 mil plus lights a year so they would do custom orders and specials for their best customers like Home Depot, Walmart and Target.