Safety question: Eastshine 18650's on amazon...

spikeman256

Newly Enlightened
I spent hours reading about 18650's in July 2018 after I bought a nice $20 desktop fan on amazon....it uses an 18650. I then bought two Eastshine batteries.
I was going to give my friend the amazon eastshine battery link today, but the page is "no longer found". I was wondering if anyone knew if the Eastshine company/amazon reseller went out of business or if there has been a recall on the batteries, or any other issue I should be aware of.

I was going to post fotos...I'm a noob, so the system won't let me:

Pink battery that came with the fan:
FST 18650-2600mAh
Voltage: 3.6V/4.2V
8A50918 678510 made in China

Eastshine battery:
EASTSHINE E35U 3500mAh 10A Flat Top 3.7V 12.9Wh 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for High Drain Devices, 2Packs
IMR18650

I was wondering if there is a known problem for either one of these battery types.

Thx.

-Spike

parametrek

Enlightened
Pretty much all 18650 batteries on amazon were taken down after the rates for hazardous items were increased. I don't recommend buying them from amazon anyway. Prices were always sky high and the commingled inventory meant there were a lot of fakes slipped into the product stream.

There is no shortage of reputable battery sellers in the US. You've got plenty of better options. Illumn, Li-Ion Wholesale, IMR Batteries, Mountain Electronics, Orbtronic, Vruzend, MAH Battery. Maybe too many options :) I've got a database of all their inventories in my sig for easy comparison shopping.

edit: Welcome to the forums!

Last edited: