What battery is this?

831Farrell

Newly Enlightened
I got a Tac Light my dad wasn't using. It has a dead batter and no charger. It came with a Lithium Ion battery but it's bigger in Diameter but Same length as 18650 it's about the diameter of a quarter but no info on the battery. Anyone know? I would have attached a photo but no attachments allowed. Thanks!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Tac Light my dad wasn't using. It has a dead batter and no charger. It came with a Lithium Ion battery but it's bigger in Diameter but Same length as 18650 it's about the diameter of a quarter but no info on the battery. Anyone know? I would have attached a photo but no attachments allowed. Thanks!

Did you know that there is kind of a standard in the battery industry, where the length and diameter of the cell measured in millimeters is used as an identifier? If you measure the overall length and it's diameter with a ruler it will likely fit within a certain range and you could simply look up the corresponding size to find either a replacement or maybe a charging device. Usually the diameter is first with the length following. The seeming extra zero on the end is actually to indicate a whole millimeter as there are some coin cells that are not an even millimeter thickness (length from top contact to bottom of case) and some applications where precise size is required.

Last edited: