• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series (VME) Head

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a Group Buy for a Grade 5 Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series Head (VME Head) with lens kit. I am working with Gene and Cathy directly on this GB.

There are 25 spots, CONUS shipping only. Prepay price is $134.18, plus shipping costs, to be calculated later.

EDIT 4/23:
25 is the minimum. I will do my best to include everyone who signs up prior to 30 April.

If this sounds interesting, read on…

All communication should take place in the comments for transparency. I won't respond to PMs regarding this GB.

EDIT 4/13: Now that we're at MOQ, let's open the discussion up in the comments!

Phase 1 –Sign-Up:

- Indicate your willingness to participate in the group buy by posting the following in the comments: "I'm in for QTY x"
- Posting that you want to participate is a firm commitment to buy. Others are depending on you! Don't indicate that you're going to participate if you're "just thinking about it." Think about it first, then decide, then sign-up.
- Sign-up will last through 2359 hours on 30 April 2019.
- If we don't get to 25, then we will shut down.
- If we get over 25, then #26 and on become back-ups in ascending order.

EDIT 4/23: 25 is the minimum. I will do my best to include everyone who signs up prior to 30 April.

Phase 2 – Pre-Pay:

- If we get at least 25 buyers, you send $134.18 to me via PayPal Goods and Services. This breaks down to $134.18 minus $4.19 in PP fees = $129.99 which is Gene's exact quoted price.
- PP G&S protects you through Purchase Protection, so no gnashing of teeth over the small extra amount.
- Exact details on the information to send with your PP will be provided later!
- Pre-pay will last through 2359 hours on 6 May 2019.
- If some buyers don't pay by the Phase 2 deadline, I will either (a) kick in the difference or (b) shut down the GB and refund your money via PP by 9 May 2019.
- Once you pay, you're locked in until (a) you receive your head (b) the GB shuts down or (c) you trade your spot.

Phase 3 – Manufacturing:

- Order will be placed 7-8 May 2019 with Gene.
- We wait 6-8 weeks. During this time, I will check in with Gene weekly and post updates in the comments.
- This phase ends when Gene ships the heads to me.

Phase 4 – Shipping to you:

- This phase starts when I receive the package from Gene.
- Assuming we make it this far, you will have 2 weeks to pay exact shipping costs, via Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, PLUS an equal share of the bulk shipping cost of all the drop-ins from Gene to me. I will calculate the individual shipping costs later, and post details on how to pay. The USPS website says a small flat rate box is $7.90 CONUS. Add to this your share of bulk shipping from Gene to me. You will pay this via PayPal.
- I will PM you the tracking number after I ship. Shipping is CONUS only.
- I will provide an option for insurance, if you want to pay extra for this.
- Not really sure what to do if you pay for the drop-in, but don't follow up with the shipping cost. I guess I will hang onto it for another 30 days before I can dispose of it as I wish. Doubt we will have this problem.
- Once I ship to you and provide a tracking number, I'm out of the loop. I'm not responsible for lost or delayed items once USPS is in possession of your VME head. If you're worried about this, I will provide an option for USPS insurance.

FAQs:

(1) What is a Malkoff VME head? What exactly am I purchasing?

A VME head assembly will convert any SureFire E Series or Scout Weapon Light to use a Malkoff Devices M series dropin lamp assembly. It is fully O-Ringed and gasketed for weather tightness. A Lens Kit is included with the head assembly. Please see Gene's website for additional information. You're responsible for understanding the application and compatibility of these heads with your light and drop-in.

EDIT: This GB is for the Head and Lens Kit Only. M Series Dropins Are Sold Separately!

(2) Can I change my mind and back out?

During Phase 1, yes.

After you pay in Phase 2, no. You're locked in, unless we shut down.

(3) Can I trade my spot?

During Phase 1, no need. Just post that you want to be removed from the list.

If/when we go into Phase 2 and beyond, it depends. If you haven't paid, post that you want out. If we have anyone in spots 26 and up, they will have the option to buy in your place, in ascending order. If you've already paid me, then the person (in spot 26 and up) taking your place will pay you directly, per your private arrangements. If this happens, both people will need to post publicly in the comments that they've worked it out satisfactorily and that Person B is taking Person A's spot. Again, if you've already paid, your only way out is to get someone from the backup list to pay you for your spot.

(3) What type of titanium?

6Al-4V. Grade 5.

(4) Minimum order quantity?

25. If we don't get 25 to sign up or pay, the GB will shut down.

EDIT 4/23: If we get more than 26, I will do my best to include the additional spots in the order. So if you want one, sign up now!

(5) How long will it take?

According to Gene, depending on the machinist's load, somewhere between 6-8 weeks after the order is placed. Not 6-8 weeks from when you pay.

(6) How much profit are you making on this group buy?

$0. The money you pay will transfer entirely to Gene and PayPal. I'm keeping none of it.

(7) What if I'm dissatisfied with the final product?

You would contact Gene, not me. Once I ship you the drop-in, I'm out of the loop (make sure you understand the shipping terms). But Gene wanted me to stress that the heads are made to fit Malkoff dropins and will be identical to the aluminum VME Heads in dimension. Also, as long as the O-ring is covered, he will consider it good (pretty sure this means he won't fix/replace it). Gene wants you to know that these will always have a small gap, just like with the Al VME.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series Head

Reserved.

Pre-pay List:

(1) lion504 (PAID QTY 1)
XXX (2) nimitz68 (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (3) nimitz68
XX (4) id30209 (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (5) scout24 (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XX (6) dirty_wage_guy (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XX (7) emu124 (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (8) greatscoot (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (9) greatscoot
XXX (10) 808vudoo (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XXX (11) light-modder (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (12) light-modder
XX (13) hombreluhrs (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (14) jd1911 (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XX (15) badtziscool (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XX (16) Rstype (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XX (17) Light11 (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XX (18) Light11
XXX (19) mcbrat (PAID QTY 2 & REG SHIP)
XXX (20) mcbrat
XXX (21) sidfishez (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (22) sidfishez
XXX (23) flashlight_nut (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XX (24) arewethereyetdad (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XX (25) Musso (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XXX (26) knfmkr (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XX (27) autogiro (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XXX (28) fyrstormer (PAID QTY 2 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (29) fyrstormer
XXX (30) socom1970 (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
XXX (31) Long_RunTime (PAID QTY 1 & REG SHIP)
XXX (32) troutpool (PAID QTY 1 & INSURED SHIP)
***List closed***

X - shipping label created
XX - package with USPS
XXX - package received

Last edited:

Nimitz68

Enlightened

I'm in for QTY 1. Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic

Just dropping in here to say thank you for setting up what looks to be a carefully designed Group Buy, and for (already) working with the staff here to hopefully ensure a smooth and successful sale.

I suspect this will be a popular item. Best with your thread, and cheers !

EDIT - with OP's approval, I have posted a photo of one of my "first run" Ti VME bezel assemblies below, for reference. This one happens to be mounted on a McClickie Pak (1xAA)

lGdnuUC.jpg

Obviously, the item for sale in this thread includes only the bezel parts.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

PM sent with question, please put me down for one Ti head. :thumbsup:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just to confirm, this GB is for the head and lens kit. Package is the same as if you bought it directly from Gene off his website, except the material is Ti rather than Al. I edited the first post to be more clear.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have posted a photo of one of my "first run" Ti VME bezel assemblies below, for reference.

Thanks Arch! Something for us to look forward to!

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

I'm in for QTY 1 please.

Thank you Lion for making this happen!

Last edited:

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for 1 please.
Thank you for the time and effort putting this together!

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one!

Have you tried posting in The Facebook group Malkoff Devices? Might be able to reach a larger audience that would be interested in something like this.

Last edited:

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Will there be anyway to tell the difference between the gen 1 and these heads? Not sure if it's been discussed, but might be a good idea to open up the front to accommodate the many triples and quads that are so prevalent these days.
I recall someone boring the front of a stock VME that had a quad (Ven?) and it looked great.
Thanks again for doing these!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will there be anyway to tell the difference between the gen 1 and these heads? Not sure if it's been discussed, but might be a good idea to open up the front to accommodate the many triples and quads that are so prevalent these days.
I recall someone boring the front of a stock VME that had a quad (Ven?) and it looked great.
Thanks again for doing these!
Yeah having the same opening as the 22.3 head would make this more appealing imo.