Making the 2AA MiniMag MadMax WO sammich

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Can someone please post pics of how to make the Madmax WO sammich for the 2AA minimag? I looked in the sammich shoppe's tech webpage but could not decipher the proper procedure on making one. Specifically where the pins mate with the madmax/emitter board and how they should line up.

Thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Ok, here you go.

The posts go into the only holes in the madmax board. They act as conductors (wires) as well as a way to center and support the emitter board.
mm1.jpg

The next picture shows the same posts protruding from the holes of the emitter board. Note that the boards are not parallel, and the posts protrude further from one than is does the other.

mm2.jpg

And this last shot shows a LuxIII mounted on the emitter board, soldered to the tops of the posts.

pict0018.jpg

You have to use tape or something to hold the boards apart and level while you solder the posts. The tape will also contain the epoxy that you squirt between the boards to provide crush resistance.

Daniel

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The module height needs to be set to 0.3" or so to be compatible with 2AA and the FF flashlight.

That's the overheight, as measured from the top of the emitter board to the bottom of the converter board (not including the LED).

Wayne

kj

Enlightened
My MiniMag mod page has a brief insruction to build the sandwich. My sample was built with Badboy and the instruction is not so detailed, but still it may help you a little.

cgpeanut

Enlightened
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif