HDS Systems        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultra High CRI AAA option, JetU E21a, and JetU Solis, post your beamshots

Default Ultra High CRI AAA option, JetU E21a, and JetU Solis, post your beamshots

There is a new High CRI AAA light on my horizon, a customized Jetbeam AAA
    for more info google “JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis” I suggest you click on images when you get the result

These lights have some of the highest CRI Nichia LEDs that are available today, and there are choices of a full range of Color Temperatures.

and a selection of different TiR lenses to suit your beam shape preferences:

There was a short production run, and now there is talk about a new batch.

I invite people who own some of these lights, to post beamshots of the different Color Temperatures you may own.

Here are some beamshots of the different TIR optics available:

and some color rendering comparisons:

Default Re: Ultra High CRI AAA option, JetU E21a, and JetU Solis, post your beamshots

What, you couldn't find a red handled knife for the CRI comparison? Just kidding. I'll be following this topic. Very interested in making a purchase if there is another run.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Default Re: Ultra High CRI AAA option, JetU E21a, and JetU Solis, post your beamshots

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    What, you couldn't find a red handled knife
    LOL, that IS a Red Handled Knife.. you should go see an eye doctor.. there is NoGreen in that pic..
    (just kidding ;-) )

Im actually getting interested in 6500k High CRI, and there is talk of Clemence building some of the new 18350 Jetbeam RRT-01 magnetic rotaries also, with the LEDs he put into the AAA Jetbeams.

High CRI has finally arrived in Cool White.

What's the mode sequence on these lights?
    Maratac AAA Rev5, AAA Cu Rev4, AAA Brass Rev4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05 v1, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
    What's the mode sequence on these lights?
    LMH ( +m )
    ... is the archimedes peak

4 modes: 0,5lm – 20lm – 100lm – no beacon unless reprogrammed w PICKIT
    - Mode memory - bezel down Pocket clip, can tailstand and has keyring hole that also makes it work as a neck light

about 100 were made, modified to High CRi LEDs. There may be more, not sure yet.
    There is also a diy kit available, if you source your own Jet U.
    Last edited by jon_slider; 04-02-2019 at 03:06 PM.

That it has mode memory and wouldn't automatically turn on in Low mode makes me very interested in this light... I was looking at the product pages for the 2 sku's and it seems like they are either incomplete or haven't been updated in awhile... What are the distinctions between the two models?
    Maratac AAA Rev5, AAA Cu Rev4, AAA Brass Rev4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05 v1, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    There is a new High CRI AAA light on my horizon, a customized Jetbeam AAA
    for more info google “JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis” I suggest you click on images when you get the result
    On your advice, I also bought it about a month ago, also 6500K, today he arrived and tomorrow we will be able to compare the rays, judging by the graphs, the closest to the sun is 5000K

Beam shots attempting to show color are virtually meaningless much like the photos you posted that would not be at all like how our eyes would interpret the images. It's obvious that only one of the images was properly white balanced.

Personally I find Jon's photos very useful.
    We've discussed colour balance and cameras until we were blue in the face. Maybe look back on other threads before you criticise.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Well it seems that color balance discussion did not stick because these photos are not remotely representative of how the eye would perceive the scene and yet you are defending it. Maybe you are the one that needs some reflection?

Those aren't jon's photos, they're Clemence's photos. He's the one who made the JetE21A and JetuSollis which he used to sell on Virence.

He's since taken them down but is currently trying out an interest list for a possible second batch or upgrade kit. The topic is 'over there.'

I have a Jetusolis 5000k, with CRI rated at 99. It has a slight greenish tint to it though, which isn't agreeable with me. Needs a 1/8th minus green zircon filter.

Is the purpose of these AAA flashlights to sample the LED emitters before purchasing the emitters to install in a more expensive light?

No, these JetUs are ideal hosts for the E21A and especially the Optisolis. Clemence went though many, many, many different kinds of optics before he found the one that works best with the Optisolis to produce the best beam with least amount of artifacts within it, yet still retain some throw. The AAA battery pushes the Optisolis just enough without frying it. The optisolis is a lower-powered LED, and won't be able to get more than 100-140 lumens when driven to its fullest. The JetU is also one of the only few AAA lights on the market with really flat regulation, so the high and low modes are ruler flat and very efficient.

E21A can be theoretically be used in multiple optics lights, but due to their very low forward voltage, will need to be careful of FET drivers. Clemence has also made some 2x2 gridded E21A lights as mules as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    4 modes: 0,5lm – 20lm – 100lm – slow beacon at 100lm (approximate OTF using D240 E21A R9080.) ....
    Do they all have the beacon ? How is that accessed (mainly so I can avoid it ) ? Is it something like several times through the modes ?

I got in on the first batch. I got an E21A in 4500K and Jetusolis in 5000K. They are nice little lights. L-M-H with mode memory so you can always use it in a single mode if you prefer. The pocket clip is good, but they are desk lights for me. I do wish they were a bit brighter on high to be more useful for EDC for me.

The 4500K version has a slightly rosy white light when viewed by itself. The 5000K Jetusolis is like sunlight to my eyes, pretty much pure white by itself and only slightly cool when compared to a warmer light. I like the concept of a high CRI cool white emitter for the rendering of pure whites. I don’t really have a good camera set up to post a beam shot and be confident of the colors represented but I’ll see what I can do when I get back home.

Spam post removed - Admin
    Last edited by Empath; 04-02-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Banned

I bought the jetbeam jet U when they first introduced and I am sure that it doesn't have beacon or any disco modes

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Those aren't jon's photos, they're Clemence's photos.

I have a Jetusolis 5000k, with CRI rated at 99. It has a slight greenish tint
    thanks for helping clarify the photo source is Clemence
    I get information overload looking at them, so I focus on the cutting board, and that helps me see what is changing in tint and color temperature, more easily.

and thank you for sharing your experience with the tint of the Optisolis

if you get a chance to post some side by side beamshot photos of your Optisolis and some N219b LEDs, that would be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Do they all have the beacon ? How is that accessed (mainly so I can avoid it ) ? Is it something like several times through the modes ?
    no, I was just quoting..
    new info added
    no beacon unless reprogrammed w PICKIT

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    I bought the jetbeam jet U when they first introduced and I am sure that it doesn't have beacon or any disco modes
    agreed, thank you

Are these easy to mod with a kit?

It sounded as though modding will be difficult because the head is glued?

Wondering if I can order the kit only.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by MeMeMe View Post
    Beam shots attempting to show color are virtually meaningless much like the photos you posted that would not be at all like how our eyes would interpret the images. It's obvious that only one of the images was properly white balanced.
    I know pictures can only be used as TINT comparison at best, even this is truly dependent on your screen (mostly still use RGB LEDs). But to me it's FAR BETTER than verbal comparison. I posted that picture to help people decide before buying anything from my store.
    FYI, all pictures were shot under the same 5600K WB. If you want to check the RAW files you can contact Jon and I will send it to him.

[Clemence]

Quote Originally Posted by clemence View Post
    FYI, all pictures were shot under the same 5600K WB....
    Thanks clemence, that is very useful

Quote Originally Posted by MeMeMe View Post
    Well it seems that color balance discussion did not stick because these photos are not remotely representative of how the eye would perceive the scene and yet you are defending it. Maybe you are the one that needs some reflection?
    It's akin to crossing the beams. I find these photos very useful, but I understand the limitations.

I can bias my camera settings to look like these photos and the RAW data still show the same WB for all four files. (Or change room light sources to achieve same).

They are certainly an attempt to get a point across, and do a good job of it but like 3me said, do not necerssarily show what my eyes would see.

Looks too pink imo like it's just a better boost to reds versus previous nichias. You just don't notice because the other 3 are so yellow biased.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 04-02-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    John 3:16

Somebody help me out here. What is the difference between the Jetu E21A R9080 and the Jetusolis R95?

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post

I can bias my camera settings to look like these photos and the RAW data still show the same WB for all four files.

They are certainly an attempt to get a point across, and do a good job of it but like 3me said, do not necarssarily show what my eyes would see.
    a) Please elaborate on how you would cause the camera to bias the results, because I am simply curious.

b) Explain please what you think a raw file does with the stored white balance number, such that it matters if it shows the same or different. I do not think I can have understood correctly if you say that it matters.

c) Explain why you think it is more objective to edit the photos to look subjectively like what one person's eyes perceive in this case? Perhaps you would prefer to see the appearance when individually white balanced using a grey card, to show what they would look like if viewed individually such that the eye might adjust to the color temperature. However, I claim that when you have them all together in the same image, without explanation, it is better not to change that, and instead to imagine the situation of four tables right next to each other with the same items on them, such that your eyes cannot adjust to each one.

d) @multiple people involved: I do not know if this is something our cultures share, but if it were me being accused of doctoring the images, I would be insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Somebody help me out here. What is the difference between the Jetu E21A R9080 and the Jetusolis R95?
    E21a is a type of LED, Optisolis is another type of LED
    both are being offered in an AAA host
    I think you might like the E21a in 5000k...

E21a has a very consistent illuminated area

Optisolis is less efficient, but has higher R9 CRI and higher Ra CRI
    it also does not light up the entire dye, so requires diffusion

I modified these images to add the orange arrows, and boxes, and to add the LED photos. Pics are 4x leds, not single LEDs

The Duv value informs about the tint, I prefer negative Duv, that means below the BBL, but the daylight references for CRI actually have positive Duv.. iow, daylight has more green in it than incandescent light.

in this next image, from maukka, you can see that the cooler Optisolis land above the BBL (Duv is a positive number, towards green tint), and the warmer ones land below the BBL (Duv is a negative number, towards magenta tint):
    Last edited by jon_slider; 04-02-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks, Jon. That's extremely helpful, as usual.

Here are some E21a, both single color, and blended
    the arrow shows the CCT closest to typical camera daylight white balance of 5600k

I have the E21a sm203, 2000k, and it is a gorgeous warm, non green color, shown with an N219b 4500k, and a cool white low cri LED on the right, for comparison:

and next to the two Sofirn C01 Yujis:

and here are the E21a, Optisolis, and N219c:

you can see the 6500k optisolis is the whitest, the 2000k E21a is the richest orange, and the 219c tend to be on the yellow end of the variations

Do you happen to have a Duv value for the 4000K Optisolis ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast