Ultra High CRI AAA option, JetU E21a, and JetU Solis, post your beamshots

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new High CRI AAA light on my horizon, a customized Jetbeam AAA
for more info google "JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis" I suggest you click on images when you get the result

These lights have some of the highest CRI Nichia LEDs that are available today, and there are choices of a full range of Color Temperatures.
gHB5wta.png

and a selection of different TiR lenses to suit your beam shape preferences:
Y9JnJLe.jpg

There was a short production run, and now there is talk about a new batch.

I invite people who own some of these lights, to post beamshots of the different Color Temperatures you may own.

Here are some beamshots of the different TIR optics available:
eM2JXNR.jpg

TBA26OV.jpg

5wXc1lR.jpg

NF1cqUk.jpg

and some color rendering comparisons:
yrsbvHg.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, you couldn't find a red handled knife for the CRI comparison? Just kidding. I'll be following this topic. Very interested in making a purchase if there is another run.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, you couldn't find a red handled knife

LOL, that IS a Red Handled Knife.. you should go see an eye doctor.. there is NoGreen in that pic..
(just kidding ;-) )

Im actually getting interested in 6500k High CRI, and there is talk of Clemence building some of the new 18350 Jetbeam RRT-01 magnetic rotaries also, with the LEDs he put into the AAA Jetbeams.

High CRI has finally arrived in Cool White.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 modes: 0,5lm – 20lm – 100lm – no beacon unless reprogrammed w PICKIT
- Mode memory - bezel down Pocket clip, can tailstand and has keyring hole that also makes it work as a neck light

dAfyNer.png

about 100 were made, modified to High CRi LEDs. There may be more, not sure yet.
There is also a diy kit available, if you source your own Jet U.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
That it has mode memory and wouldn't automatically turn on in Low mode makes me very interested in this light... I was looking at the product pages for the 2 sku's and it seems like they are either incomplete or haven't been updated in awhile... What are the distinctions between the two models?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new High CRI AAA light on my horizon, a customized Jetbeam AAA
for more info google "JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis" I suggest you click on images when you get the result

On your advice, I also bought it about a month ago, also 6500K, today he arrived and tomorrow we will be able to compare the rays, judging by the graphs, the closest to the sun is 5000K

MeMeMe

Banned
Beam shots attempting to show color are virtually meaningless much like the photos you posted that would not be at all like how our eyes would interpret the images. It's obvious that only one of the images was properly white balanced.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I find Jon's photos very useful.
We've discussed colour balance and cameras until we were blue in the face. Maybe look back on other threads before you criticise.
P

MeMeMe

Banned
Well it seems that color balance discussion did not stick because these photos are not remotely representative of how the eye would perceive the scene and yet you are defending it. Maybe you are the one that needs some reflection?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those aren't jon's photos, they're Clemence's photos. He's the one who made the JetE21A and JetuSollis which he used to sell on Virence.

He's since taken them down but is currently trying out an interest list for a possible second batch or upgrade kit. The topic is 'over there.'

I have a Jetusolis 5000k, with CRI rated at 99. It has a slight greenish tint to it though, which isn't agreeable with me. Needs a 1/8th minus green zircon filter.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the purpose of these AAA flashlights to sample the LED emitters before purchasing the emitters to install in a more expensive light?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, these JetUs are ideal hosts for the E21A and especially the Optisolis. Clemence went though many, many, many different kinds of optics before he found the one that works best with the Optisolis to produce the best beam with least amount of artifacts within it, yet still retain some throw. The AAA battery pushes the Optisolis just enough without frying it. The optisolis is a lower-powered LED, and won't be able to get more than 100-140 lumens when driven to its fullest. The JetU is also one of the only few AAA lights on the market with really flat regulation, so the high and low modes are ruler flat and very efficient.

E21A can be theoretically be used in multiple optics lights, but due to their very low forward voltage, will need to be careful of FET drivers. Clemence has also made some 2x2 gridded E21A lights as mules as well.

koziy

Newly Enlightened
I got in on the first batch. I got an E21A in 4500K and Jetusolis in 5000K. They are nice little lights. L-M-H with mode memory so you can always use it in a single mode if you prefer. The pocket clip is good, but they are desk lights for me. I do wish they were a bit brighter on high to be more useful for EDC for me.

The 4500K version has a slightly rosy white light when viewed by itself. The 5000K Jetusolis is like sunlight to my eyes, pretty much pure white by itself and only slightly cool when compared to a warmer light. I like the concept of a high CRI cool white emitter for the rendering of pure whites. I don't really have a good camera set up to post a beam shot and be confident of the colors represented but I'll see what I can do when I get back home.

Nichia!

Banned
I bought the jetbeam jet U when they first introduced and I am sure that it doesn't have beacon or any disco modes

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those aren't jon's photos, they're Clemence's photos.

I have a Jetusolis 5000k, with CRI rated at 99. It has a slight greenish tint

thanks for helping clarify the photo source is Clemence
I get information overload looking at them, so I focus on the cutting board, and that helps me see what is changing in tint and color temperature, more easily.

and thank you for sharing your experience with the tint of the Optisolis

if you get a chance to post some side by side beamshot photos of your Optisolis and some N219b LEDs, that would be fun to see.

Do they all have the beacon ? How is that accessed (mainly so I can avoid it ) ? Is it something like several times through the modes ?

no, I was just quoting..
new info added
no beacon unless reprogrammed w PICKIT

I bought the jetbeam jet U when they first introduced and I am sure that it doesn't have beacon or any disco modes

agreed, thank you

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these easy to mod with a kit?

It sounded as though modding will be difficult because the head is glued?

Wondering if I can order the kit only.